“Great food, great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingfisher Bar and Grill

Kingfisher Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfisher Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,903 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tucson
Description: Kingfisher is an American Grill specializing in fresh Seafood. Menu changes seasonally. Winner of Wine Spectators Award of Excellence. Lunch Dinner, Late night. A local favorite for 14 years running.
Tucson, Arizona
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Four of us ate here last night and the experience was exceptional. Attentive professional service was provided by Sampson. Ask to be seated in his section and you'll have great service. This is actually my third visit to Kingfishers Bar and Grill. I have enjoyed the Hawaiin fish twice. Last night I switched to the scallops. They were pumpkin seed crusted and very tasty. My wife had babyback ribs and, while not exceptionally meaty, they were flavorful and a large portion. Her avocado soup appetizer was delicious as was my clam chowder, This is a fine dining restaurant and not cheap. But for a special dinner in seafood-starved Tucson it cannot be beaten.

• Visited August 2012

“Awesome lobster roll!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I opted for take-out, but wish I had stayed. Nice little place with really good food at a good price.

Tucson, Arizona
“Always top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've eaten a number of times at Kingfisher over the years. I appreciate that they are open late for a post-movie meal, and they aren't afraid to seat a lone woman at a primo table or booth. They always have a good selection of beer, both bottled and on tap. During the summer they offer a changing "Road Trip" menu that celebrates foods from different parts of the country.

A friend and I recently celebrated our birthdays and as is our custom, we went to Kingfisher. We toasted each other with champagne cocktails, and shared a huge bowl of mussels in a delectable spicy broth; that and lots of bread to sop up the broth would be a meal in itself. But noo-ooo, we had to each order an entree. I ordered a fantastic plate of pecan-encrusted scallops, perfectly cooked and tender; it came with black beans and a slaw. My friend ordered the lobster roll; I'm not a lobster fan but the bite I tried was pretty good. We couldn't let our birthdays go by without cake, so we ordered the piñon pound cake to share, thinking it would be a single slice and not too filling. To our delight and dismay it was three or four slices, topped by ice cream and drizzled over with cajeta, a sweet caramelized goat's milk used as a sauce in Mexican kitchens. By now we were totally stuffed

Service is always professional and I appreciate the wait staff NOT introducing themselves. They are knowledgeable about the food and a companionable beverage to go with it. The booths and tables are far enough apart that even when the restaurant is busy, you can still have a conversation without having to shout.

• Visited August 2012
Aldie
“Enjoyed it .... and pretty good seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I looked at the review by "Rusty S" who never made it through high school grammar, can't spell worth beans and dislikes most of the restaurants he reviews and figured if he hates it, it's probably a great place. Yep. Enjoyed it! Great seafood. Thanks Rusty.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tucson, Az
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Decor is kinda funky 60s/70s, but the service is top notch, and the food is perfectly prepared and creatively presented. GREAT WINE SELECTIONIS TOO. Not your typical neighborhood joint, but that's the location. One of the few places in town where there are wonderful & creative desserts alongside the old standards. Nothing I hate worse than going to the other places in town and seeing the dessert menus. I LOVE THIS PLACE and will keep coming back.

Visited April 2012

Been to Kingfisher Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!