“Nice renovations, new management, big disappointment”
Review of Le Rendez-Vous

Le Rendez-Vous
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Rendez-Vous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 2,091 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Alvernon
Description: This is the perfect place for an impressive business engagement or a romantic interlude. A distinguished wine Cellar and exquisite desserts promise a memorable dining experience. Now offering a bistro fare lunch.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Le Rendez-Vous has always been one of our favorite places to dine after matinees on Sundays in Tucson. The last time we were there, the back dining room was closed for renovations, so we looked forward to seeing what had transpired, as well as tasting from the new menu. What a disappointment! The service was slow to start with and just got worse. Our favorite appetizer, the scallops in a rich cheesy sauce, had been replaced by a scallops appetizer that we didn't think was as good. My house salad was uninteresting and over-priced. Two of us had the Sea Bass special. I asked for extra veggies and no potatoes, but what came were literally room temperature green beans. My husband's were at least lukewarm. They did finally bring me a serving of warm beans. The Sea Bass was quite good, as was my husband's duck and our guests' two dinners of scallops and sea bass. Then, we waited and waited for a waiter. My husband finally had to go into the kitchen to find someone. The waiter apologized and offered desserts on the house, but we declined and asked for our bill. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, and we expected much better, particularly in terms of service.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

J'adore Le Rendezvous!! How fortunate we are to have found this gem in the desert. The dining rooms are charming, the service is without parallel and the cuisine surpasses all of the above. Dinner is a luxurious event here, so please plan to spend at least a couple of hours indulging the senses. (Of course, if you have more pressing matters, the staff will see that you're in and out in good time.) Rather than entrees, we tend to have a bunch of hors d'oeuvres (OMG, do they do gooood hors d'oeuvres!!!) and a salad. Last night it was Ris de Veau (sweetbreads in a sauce that makes you swoon) the Tres Champignons en Croute (three mushrooms in puff paste), and Salade des Epinards (spinach salad with hot, homemade bacon dressing). Last, but not least, was their exquisite Grand Marnier souffle for dessert. (The Four Seasons in NYC should take lessons from the chef at LRV for this delicacy.) We consider ourselves "foodies" and I cook for us 9 nights out of 10 and enjoy it. Le Rendezvous is an absolute pleasure which we thoroughly enjoy. For a milestone family event in early February 2012, we brought our daughters, sons-in-law, and grandchildren for a family celebration at LRV on a Friday night -- 10 people, including 2 highchairs, and we were there for hours. We were treated like royalty. As to practical matters, they have a good wine list, a full bar and plentiful parking. Don't miss this wonderful restaurant with its gracious hosts and talented chef. Messieurs Jean Claude, Gordon, Daniel et Raymond, je vous remercie tous du fond de mon coeur.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Le Rendez-Vous has been an established Tucson eatery for as long as I can remember. Been there over a dozen times in 20+ years and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Jim-Chrisann p
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Awesome plates.....A must to check out the Bistro side for casual dining.... 5.50 for small plates is a great idea. You can choose from a dozen of them. I believe they are always the same price...lunch, dinner and happy hour.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well they changed the menu and remodeled inside. They have added a few "bistro" style items. They have taken off the menu one of my personal favorates, Bouchée à la reine. I enjoy the escargot. Their home made duck pate is very good. We often have the beef wellington. If you call ahead they will do special orders. This is one of my favorite places to go!

Been to Le Rendez-Vous? Share your experiences!