“Have a cocktail and Enjoy the View--Skip Dinner”
Review of Anthony's in the Catalinas - CLOSED

Anthony's in the Catalinas
Cuisines: American, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a coupon for Anthony's and made reservations for Saturday night. We had a nice table with a wonderful view. The presentation of the cocktails was lovely. Our table captain recommended the specials as being better than the regular menu. On his advice I had Hawaiian sunfish and my husband had pork steak. The salads were good--especially the dressings. The entrees arrived and we were very disappointed. My fish was mushy and slimy and the flavor was not good. The pork steak was so tough that it had to be sawed with a steak knife. The captain came back and my husband told him that the steak was very tough. He looked at it, said it was done correctly and that he would tell the chef. He left and that was the last we saw of him until he brought the check--no apology and no correction. We left with a bad taste in our mouths. We should have just enjoyed the view and eaten somewhere else.

4  Thank Vicki N
There are newer reviews for Anthony's in the Catalinas

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Now open for lunch, and a very pleasant surprise. Food at Anthon's is always first class, but the experience has always been more \of a special occasion sort of place. Lunch is very good and a great bargain. I always get the small serving, plenty of food and well prepared. Good selection of above average $5 glasses of wine at lunch. Service is fast and staff is very friendly. The best value lunch in Tucson.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was a little surprised to see so many negative reviews about Anthony's food, service and prices. I had not been in many years, but remembered it fondly. We went last week, and agreed that it is still a lovely spot. The menu and service are quite traditional, with Ceasar salads prepared tableside, and entrees like veal Marsala. Our food was very tasty, prepared well with good quality ingredients. The selection of California red wines ( the primary area of focus for us) is sensational, with many rare and exceptional offerings, reasonably priced in relation to their rarity and age, since many cannot be obtained at any price. The wine service was friendly and helpful, not the least bit snobby or condescending. We used a groupon for our food, and no one batted an eyelash. I will certainly be back, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a traditional fine dining experience.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food was delish, and the view perfect. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because I think it's a bit pricey. Great attention to detail and the staff very accommodating. We went for my birthday but didn't tell them til we were leaving and thanking them for a super celebratory dinner. Dancer (our waiter) was sincerely sad that we hadn't told him sooner so that he could bring us a "birthday surprise".

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were on a road trip and happened into Anthony's just for a drink at sunset to admire the view.
The aroma escaping from the kitchen was so good. We asked for a menu. When we decided to stay were were seated in the main room near the cozy fireplace.
Anthony, the owner, was moving quickly about the entire restaurant overseeing every detail.
He is warm, charming and professional.
Our meal was delicious. I had a venision dish - which was absolutely delightful. The wine that our Anthony assisted us in selecting was perfect. Even though it was not from the states, or even Italy, he said it would be perfect as he knew the Australian woman whose company made the wine and it was very well rated.
A pianist gently played some classics as we all dined. The china was beautiful. The food presented with artestry.
Bravo and Grazie