“Kind and thoughtful”

Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Neighborhood: El Presidio
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We went to celebrate birthdays. One of the ladies in our group was on a restricted diet and when we explained to the waitress, she came back with a specially prepared soup for her. This does not happen very often and we were most appreciative. Three platos were ordered and they were all delicious; the chicken with poblano sauce was fabulous and then came the dessert! Following the tradition of the plato, the chef selected three desserts that were delicious. The flan was the best I've ever had; the espresso mousse was light and tasty and the third dessert with berries and a almond based crust was delicious as well. All in all a great experience, the place to go for birthdays, anniversaries or any other time. The margaritas were very good as was the salsa brought with the chips. This restaurant is by far one of my top 3.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I went to Tucson, AZ for work and our local employees suggested Poca Cosa for our dinner. We had a group of 10 and we called the restaurant ahead of time and they had no problem setting up a table for us in their small venue. The ambiance is really neat and there are a few dishes prepared and listed on a chalk board, which the waiter then comes around with the chalk board and explains the dishes. Everybody tried something different and there were no complaints. Chips and salsa were delicious and free flowing, the entree portions are huge and all come with salad on the plate with rice, beans and tortillas served family style. There is a menu option to allow the chef to choose a portion of 3 offered items, and while you don't get to choose your 3 items, you can't really go wrong. Everyone raved about the mole as well. Drinks were expensive and the entrees were all over $20, but it's worth it for a splurge. Great service, nice atmosphere and wonderful food!

1  Thank Katie F
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We didn't even see the chalkboard menu. Our server described the chef's choice and we went with that, and I'm glad I did. It was an opportunity to try several different menu items rather than having to choose just one. Both variations on tamale pie that we had were especially good. Great concept! We also had some tasty margaritas.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

There is not enough room to write all the great things about this place. Try the sampler plate.....so worth it. The decor is beautiful. Staff is friendly. I bet the desserts are amazing, I have never tried one because the food is so good I cant stop eating and get filled up. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you visit or live in Tucson don't miss this one. Food is always outstanding. On weekends you may have to wait so allow plenty of time. I have never had anything other than the chef special which combines three dishes selected by the Chef so I can't speak for the rest of the menu. This plate is always excellent and always contains at least one dish that you wouldn't have thought was a possibility. (Usually the best one.)

Service can be spotty when they are busy. I always ask the server to bring the check when the last dish or beverage is received and that usually saves me at least five minutes of impatience after I am finished.