“Our very favorite place for lunch”

The Grill at Hacienda del Sol
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill at Hacienda del Sol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 2,125 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Via Alcalde
Description: The Grill at Hacienda del Sol is a AAAA Four Diamond dining establishment and one of Arizona's top restaurants. Breathtaking mountain and city views are captured from The Grill's dining room where you will be treated to Hacienda del Sol's "Spirited Southwestern Hospitality" and a remarkable menu featuring local ingredients from the resort's own organic gardens, local purveyors, and growers. The Grill's wine list, with over 700 selections, was twice bestowed "The Award of Ultimate Distinction" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine and has been awarded the "Best Of Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator for 19 consecutive years. Service is efficient yet relaxed and the atmosphere is comfortable with no dress code. There is a charming open air bar patio with entertainment on the weekends for those who prefer a casual setting featuring our Terraza Garden Patio & Lounge. Live music nightly. Prices in The Grill range from $24 to $45. Terraza Patio prices range from $12-$24.
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Yesterday (8/18), we had something to celebrate, so where else but lunch at the Hacienda del Sol with Hacienda Margaritas? We had to go to La Encantada first, so we arrived here at 1:30. Oh shucks, our very favorite table in the bar was taken! But we did not let that dampen our good mood, and got settled elsewhere.

We have eaten both outside and in the lovely dining room, yet, for lunch, we just love that bar area. It is quiet, dim, cool and inviting. The Hacienda Margaritas were perfect as always, and again, I chose the "Shrimp Tacos". The shrimp inside those tacos is unsurpassable. I don't think I have ever eaten such tasty shrimp. This time, my husband had the "Lamb Tostados", and was very pleased to try something different. We were happy to again have that very efficient and delightful server. She is a real asset in the bar area, and a true professional.

We are really big on desserts, and always used to read the dessert menu first. So, very often we say, "Let's just get soup or a salad, that way we can have dessert". However, once we look at the menu, we always order the entrée, like yesterday, and then, have no room for dessert.

Yesterday, there were meetings going on, and the parking lots were quite full. I think that on Fridays, there is more going on there, so everything is busier.

3  Thank NYU62
Tom F, Owner at The Grill at Hacienda del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear Guest,

What a lovely review! Thanks for the 5 Star rating, we very much appreciate your loyalty to the Hacienda Del Sol.
Your comments about the tasty food and great margaritas are appreciated too!
We hope to serve you again very soon!

Tom Firth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We ate here the first night of our visit. Pricey. Service was great, but the food was just ok. The menu looks like it was designed by a computer programmer. I did not want onions in my food and they had onions in practically everything I ordered. I had told the waiter this, and so did my wife; when my dish came, we pointed out the onions and they brought back the menu to show us in fine print the coding that they use to explain each meal. Whatever. I chose not to eat and my friends were not thrilled with their meals, either. They did not take my meal off the bill. We did not eat there again; we were there two nights.

Dear Sable,

Thanks for taking the time to point out the great service that you had while dining with us. We do honor any special requests about making variations of our food with or without something such as onions and I'm sorry that did not get conveyed to you by our staff. Please do ask for me by name the next time you visit and I'd be pleased to meet you to make amends.

Managing Partner

Reviewed August 8, 2017

The Grill has a nice spread of options for breakfast with a polite and attentive wait staff. The selections ranged from typical breakfast of omelets and oatmeal to more non-traditional options such as Croque Madame. The views of the golf course and surrounding area(s) were beautiful. Would recommend the location if at or near the resort.

Dear JD,

Thanks for your very complimentary review and recommendation for others!
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

One of the fun patio dining spots with Southwestern dishes made from local ingredients and a live band. Good assortment of Happy Hour drinks and dishes. The Peach Sangria was a perfect summer drink and the Quinoa Saladcame with almonds, butternut squash, apples, arugula, Goat Cheese topped with a red wine vingrette. The chocolate cake was moist and very chocolatey.

1  Thank Doreen A

Dear Doreen,
Thanks for this great 5 Star review!
We appreciate the time you took to point out the many positive things about your experience! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

It may have been warm in Tucson but this is a fabulous restaurant and a fabulous vacation spot. The hotel is a great Hotel, it used to be an old girls school and they turned it into a small Resort. They have some beautiful new two-story buildings that face the Catalina mountains where the rooms are fabulous with outdoor showers and I don't think you could ask for anything better.

1  Thank phyllisj521

Dear Phyllis,

Thank you for writing this review and for your 5 Star rating too!
I'm glad that you enjoyed one of our Catalina Spa Rooms with an outdoor shower. We have gotten such great feedback on these rooms and this special feature too!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Managing Partner

Been to The Grill at Hacienda del Sol? Share your experiences!