“Never Made It ... Big Disappointment!”

The Grill at Hacienda del Sol
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill at Hacienda del Sol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Via Alcalde
Description: The Grill at Hacienda del Sol is a AAAA Four Diamond dining establishment and one of Arizona's top restaurants. Breathtaking mountain and city views are captured from The Grill's dining room where you will be treated to Hacienda del Sol's "Spirited Southwestern Hospitality" and a remarkable menu featuring local ingredients from the resort's own organic gardens, local purveyors, and growers. The Grill's wine list, with over 700 selections, was twice bestowed "The Award of Ultimate Distinction" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine and has been awarded the "Best Of Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator for 19 consecutive years. Service is efficient yet relaxed and the atmosphere is comfortable with no dress code. There is a charming open air bar patio with entertainment on the weekends for those who prefer a casual setting featuring our Terraza Garden Patio & Lounge. Live music nightly. Prices in The Grill range from $24 to $45. Terraza Patio prices range from $12-$24.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I looked up the "Best Restaurants in Tucson" in Zagat's, in anticipation of my visit to Tucson. I wanted to take my hosts to Sunday Brunch, and this was supposedly "the best" Tucson had to offer. I made my reservation several weeks early, and specified that I wanted a table in a shaded part of the terrace. I was told that could be arranged.

The morning of our reservation, I called just to make sure everything was set as it should be, and was told that the entire terrace was out of bounds because they were holding a wedding reception on it!! I was furious, as I am sure they would have know this three weeks before I made my reservation, and if it was a last minute thing, they should have called me (they had my phone number)!

When I mentioned this to my host, I was told it was just as well, because they had been there a few times and nobody seemed to know what they were doing and it took forever to be served. Needless to say, I canceled the reservation.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

First off we get coupon for free wine and appetizer in reality it's one glass of Wine for two people what! I really don't like olives with pits come on. Carmel corn served before meal and with cocktails no! Make it southwest or something not sweet. We stayed almost a week, valet parking when we just wanted to get to our room. Breakfast, apple pancakes please put something refreshing on the plate and make pancakes smaller not very pretty and wayyyy to big, French toast was boring again a couple dried berries not pretty. Applewood smoked bacon not impressed. A chef no! A cook that makes the same thing everyday. Smoke alarm going off no light bulb in a lamp. This needs some updating especially the menu,love the grounds and staff.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Beautiful property with amazing history. Take some time to walk through the corridors and read about it's 85-year legacy. If nothing else, enjoy a drink on the patio or in the bar. Interesting selection of wines by the glass.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I read the negative reviews on this page and laughed at the ignorance most people have. The walking around a table with multiple servers is not for show, it is so every person gets their food at the table with out waiting. I do not understand the level of hate that comes with the expectation of Hacienda del Sol; there is no place in Tucson with better food, view and level of service. People, stop hating on the best restaurant in Tucson, it's getting pathetic...especially when they win the most Tucson Lifestyle awards each year...every year! If you are getting an "amuse bouche" after your appetizer...it is because you did not order food from inside the Grill until after you ordered an appetizer on the Terrazo...how are servers supposed to know you are ordering something different than the "burger and fries" menu...which is most common on the patio; this review below bothered me the most. I guess after so many amazing experiences I find it difficult to say anything negative about both restaurants...remember people it is TWO restaurants... one is fine dining and one is burger and fries, stop judging one against the other. Hacienda really needs to get a page for the Grill and one for the Terrazo...oh and stop saying its over priced, Vivace has crap more expensive and nowhere as good as Hacienda del Sol.
P.S. I am excited to try Five Palms, watch out Hacienda, my anniversaries may migrate somewhere else, but I will always remember the great care you invest in me.

2  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went here for the 1sttime based on TA reviews. It is a beautiful place. Service was outstanding. Food and drinks were very good but we felt it was overpriced. A place for special occasions. Piano player was very nice.