“Not as good as I was led to believe”

Blue Willow Restaurant & Gift Shop
Ranked #32 of 1,976 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known for serving hearty breakfasts, wholesome lunches, and delicious dinners, the Blue Willow is a Tucson tradition. Enjoy year-round patio dining in the lush garden or a casual dinner by the cozy fireplace. Serving loyal customers since 1978, the Blue Willow is proud to offer American classics that comfort and gratify. Order our award winning desserts for any special occasion or just stop by to shop in our unique gift shop.
Gilbert, Arizona
“Not as good as I was led to believe”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Read reviews here on Tripadvisor which rarely if ever lead me astray. Well, this time it did. Went for breakfast and was really expecting something unique. Got something I could have gotten anywhere. Had chorizo on the egg dish we ordered and it was tasteless. Didn't even realize there was chorizo in it until my husband asked what the meat was. Coffee was like flavored water and the cappuccino was over roasted. Service was good and atmosphere was cute and gift shop is fun but go elsewhere for breakfast at least.

• Visited February 2013

“Cute place & Good Food & a nice little gift shop (with bakery items) too!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Found this on TripAdvisor and went during the recent Gem & Mineral Show. Luckily, I showed up early to dinner. The steak brochettes over jasmin rice with very nice... a little over done (requested medium rare) - it came with a squash/zucchini medley - everything tasted good! I was able to upgrade my salad to a really nice spinach salad with warm bacon dressing for just $3! My server was excellent and the whole staff seemed competent and friendly.

The restaurant filled up really quickly, so I can't be the only one who enjoys their offerings! I sat on the terrace portion, which is nice, screened, and heated with torches on these cooler winter evenings.

I had an extremely delicious and nutritious meal for roughly $23! Highly recommend!

Colorado
“Good food, busy busy busy”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is a bit out of the way in Tucson, & from the outside looks pretty blah. Inside ~ either in the rooms or the lovely enclosed patio ~ the atmosphere is pleasant but quite loud. We always try to go off-peak because it's slammed, with waiting lines, no parking etc. We've enjoyed breakfast & lunch... both very good, if not exceptional. Decent portions... fair to high prices. Service is fast & friendly. And then there's the teeny but amazingly diverse gift shop, which is fun to browse thru. We'll return.. but not when we want / need an especially relaxing or romantic dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
“A popular place in Tucson”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have passed the Blue Willow for years, and friends who have lived here a long time are all familiar with it. We went there on a Saturday with friends, right at noon---there was a 25 minute wait! That says something for a restaurant. We got a table amid the crowd, ordered from a menu with reasonable variety, and had an enjoyable lunch. Good service, large portions of good food, reasonable prices. The long wait and the fairly noisy atmosphere were slight distractions so the meal was not quite as relaxing as expected. Next time we will try breakfast earlier in the day, though this spot has to be admired for serving breakfast all day.

Portland, Oregon
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed breakfast at this cute cafe. Ambiance was great with college students having breakfast with their parents. My buttermilk pancake was soft, fluffy and pure heaven in my mouth. My sons each had the breakfast burritos. Not only were they tasty but they were huge. They also cater to gluten free and vegans. We will be back for sure!