“Good”

Michelangelo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Michelangelo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West of Oracle Road
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Pleasant place with good food. The best Italian I have found in Tucson. Not as fancy or expensive as Vivace, but more fun and relaxed. Strong flavors, this is not the place for subtle dishes but what they do prepare is straightforward and quite good. Don't skip the mussels, they are a treat. I'm hooked on the garlic rolls. Nice reasonably priced wine list. I applaud them for having NA beer for the designated driver. I do not understand why it is hard to get an NA beer at restaurants that good wine and beer lists. What are they thinking? Go try Michelangelo's with friends and have a fun night

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I went in for the 25 dollar special they were having. My wife added a beat salad to the special and it was delicious. I had the shrimp over marinara and linguinni with provolone chees, delicious. Wife had the pork with mashed potatores. The fresh made bread they served was very good, could have made a meal of the round hot rolls. Had spumoni cake for desert very good. Only flaw and it could have ruined the meal for some was an air headed waiter that for got to bring our salads. He shows up after 45 minutes with the main course and we ask him where the salads are and he says, do you still want them? If the food would not have been so good I would have let that be the measure of this fine retaurant. He should have at least comped our drinks but I think he did not want the manager to be aware of his screw up. We gave most of his 10 dollar tip to the water boy as he was really working hard. Will deffinitley go back but will make sure we dont get that waiter again!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you want some great Italian food in Tucson, AZ, go to Michelangelo's Ristorante Italiano. The menu is quite large with lots of pasta entrees, veal, chicken, etc. Each comes with soup or salad, both of which were delicious and huge portions as were the portions of pasta. Service was prompt and efficient. Restaurant is much larger than it appears from outside with multiple pleasant rooms.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I waited a day to write this review to be sure that what had occurred was as bad as I thought. It was. We arrived at our reservation time of 6 pm and were seated promptly. They were offering an 25th anniversary special menu and since the items offered were some that would have been our choices, we selected from this menu. I specifically questioned the waiter as to the ability to change the pasta side. He checked with the kitchen and assured us it would not be a problem They offered "Fettuccine Alfredo" as a side; we preferred pasta with marinara sauce. Drink orders were taken promptly. Bread was provided and the appetizers to share came out. Our friends shared a Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and we shared a salad. The salad was very good and a generous portion for two. And then we waited.....we watched people who came in after us served their dinners - they left and we waited. At about 7 or so our waited said there were problems in the kitchen but our order should be out shortly - no offer of more bread - and we waited. People at the next table who came in an hour or so after us were served their entrees. And I got up and demanded to speak with the manager - it is now 7:40 pm. Very apologetic and finally our entrees come out. The Fettuccine Alfredo was served instead of the pasta with Marinara sauce. It was returned to the kitchen and finally the correct pasta was served only to me, not my husband. They did remove the cost of our dinner and apologized. But there is no excuse for this kind of service. And by the way, the so called Fettuccine Alfredo was spaghetti not fettuccine and the Alfredo sauce was a gummy dried up sauce. The portions of the Chicken Piccatta, the Fettuccine Alfredo and Veal dish were incredibly small and you can buy better Chicken Piccatta fully prepared in Traders Joes that tastes significantly better. One of our friends ordered the Shrimp in Marinara sauce. The sauce is very tasty with a large portion of spaghetti, but the shrimp were very overcooked. The dessert was a Cannoli nicely presented to look at, but not very good.They did remove the cost of one dinner. There are numerous Italian Restaurant in Tucson that are in same price range with much better service and much better food. Go to them.

1  Thank SaguaroCity
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The food at Michelangelo is mediocre at best. I was there for lunch recently and had a caesar salad and pasta with prawns in a wine sauce.

I asked about the caesar salad before ordering and was assured that it was a classic ceasar dressing and that anchovies were optional (for an additional fee). As a lover of a good caesar I opted for the anchovies. What I got was a salad with a candy sweet dressing. Nothing like a proper ceasar salad. When I asked the waitress if the dressings were made in house I was assured that they were. I inquired about why it was so sweet and was told that their dressing recipes are a secret but she would ask the kitchen. She came back and told me there was no sweeter in the dressing. My tongue told me otherwise.

As for the pasta, my linguine, prawns, tomatoes, and mushrooms in a white wine sauce came with over sauteed mushrooms, a few roughly chopped chunks of tomato, absolutely no sauce that I could ascertain, and a random piece of broccoli that somehow made in there. It was the kind of food that one throws together when coming home dead tired after work and has no motivation to cook a proper meal. The four prawns were cooked nicely, though.

The service was good and the waitress professional and attentive.

Needless to say, even with the best service in the world I'd never return.

1  Thank Janis_Lapsa