“Just ask for the beef ribs”

Li'l Abner's Steakhouse
Ranked #216 of 2,011 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Historical Tucson, Arizona Steakhouse. Available for large functions.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have visited Lil Abners for years just because of the beef ribs. Don't bother with anything else unless you are really not hungry! A massive serving of very tasty BEEF ribs with a potato,beans and salad. These ribs spoil you for any other (usually pork) ribs you are likely to have anywhere else.

1  Thank Gary S
There are newer reviews for Li'l Abner's Steakhouse

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Cool BBQ place just outside of Tucson near marana little hard to find if you use your gps. Menu not printed. It is verbal. I got the pork ribs. Nice place.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a great time eating at Li'l Abners this week. Went on a Weds. night, and it was not crowded at all - I can see where this place would be a lot of fun on the weekends, especially with live music. Took our kids and really liked our filets and t-bones. I would agree with other reviews that it's a bit costly for what it is, but we thought it was a fun place with good food. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive to our family. Enjoyed it!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Desk clerk at the local Best Western pointed us here, and she was right!. The entrees (steak, chicken or ribs) are done outside over an open grill. Meals include family style bowl of beans, baked potato is extra and worth it. The chicken was absolutely outstanding. Barbeque sauce is piquant and zesty, nice. Not too sweet, not too hot, it was a nice complement to a nice moist and perfectly cooked entree. The only shortcoming is not having a menu to actually look at (I agree with azteco111) which is probably ok for the local regulars (and there must be plenty because it was pretty full restaurant) who know which of the great choices are already their favorites, but for us tourists, it does result in asking for it all to be repeated.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I didn't get a menu. I asked for one and they said that it was a spoken menu. I didn't get the point. By the time she got to the end of the list I had forgotten what she started with. Sorry, I like to read menus and decide what I want based on sound and cost. Maybe if they do not want to print menus they can have some posted on the walls. The steak and bread were very good. The beans were not very tasty as well as the salsa. The salsa was from a can I think. Too bad they can make a really good salsa on the grill with tomatoes and some hot peppers. Not too much work.

Been to Li'l Abner's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!