“Good restaurant with plenty of meat choice, but is it changing?”

Li'l Abner's Steakhouse
Ranked #188 of 2,033 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Historical Tucson, Arizona Steakhouse. Available for large functions.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a great restaurant, mainly for summer outside eating, just off I-10, North at the Cotraro exit. I have been going there for more than 10 years and the food is always good, although I think it is not as good as it used to be. Food choice is either 1lb T-bone, 2lb porterhouse, filet, chicken and both beef and pork ribs. That's it. All cooked over mesquite fire. Last time I visited we ordered filet steaks and pork ribs. The ribs were a little overcooked (maybe because it was pork) but the filet steak was well done and juicy. Recommended. In the winter there is indoors seating, which altough appealing for its casualness, I prefer outdoor ssummertime seating.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

A great place to come to bring the family or out of town guests for a southwest BBQ. Great Steaks from small to huge size!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a cowboy style place. Lots of food, steak, potatoes, and beans. It's very informal, but fits in well if your looking for that experience during your visit to Tucson. On nice nights the patio is great, and sometimes there's music too. It is popular with locals.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed December 14, 2012

When we drove up to this place we thought it was a dump. It's old and run down. But that was the first impression. The food is very good as steaks are their claim to fame. They are cooked outside on a open flame grill. the service is only fair. The place could use some cleaning. It was a little noisy and there wern't that many people there. We all had steaks and were happy with food. I like french fries with my steak but they wern't available. The baked patato was over cooked.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent BBQ, done on enormous pit over Mesquite. Casual, western atmosphere. Old time Western (not country-western) music in one of the rooms on weekends. Funky bar. I like steaks and ribs better than the chicken. I'm local, so go several times a year. Good for family or out of town visitors.

1  Thank Ken H