“Exception Service and Menu”
Review of Wildflower

Wildflower
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildflower is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,995 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oracle
Description: As with everything great, one must first seek the roots. In our case, we are lucky enough to have our first restaurant, Wildflower, continuously thriving and serving the local and die-hard fans of Fox Restaurant Concepts in Tucson. While our seasonal menu changes with the calendar, the walls and décor with the years, the one thing that has remained steadfast and true is Wildflower’s carefully constructed plates, artfully shaken martinis and loyalty to its guests. You could call it a long-term love affair, and you’d just be scratching the surface.
Plymouth, Michigan
“Exception Service and Menu”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is an American fare dinner establishment where reservations are required. The food was exceptional and matched by the waitstaff! And being located on N. Oracle Drive makes it highly accessible from around the city. I'm not sure of it's capacity, but we were looking to handle a group of 20 there, which would have been no problem.

• Visited January 2013

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Expensive for the amount of food you get. Was more little starter food. Spent about $50 and we were still hungry. Food was okay We love the restaurant through. Perfect for a date night.

• Visited November 2013
AZ
“Not the great restaurant it used to be”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This used to be my favorite place in town. The food was always outstanding and the setting charming (ok, it looks out on a parking lot, but also the mountains!)
What has happened to Fox Restaurants?? My last two meals at Wildflower have been mediocre at best. I was there last week with a friend and both of our main courses were meh. I ordered the house-made pasta with a chicken and tomato sauce. The chicken was unmistakably thin sliced sandwich chicken which had been torn into bits. The pasta was overcooked and the sauce tasted of nothing but butter. Nothing. Not salt, not an herb and certainly not tomatoes.
My companion had fish which was perfectly prepared but similarly flavorless. I was very disappointed, as fish had previously been their forte. My meal weeks that was also boring and flat. I don't know what's happened to the chef but this place isn't the gem that it always used to be. And this wasn't a week night but a Friday, when they should have been at the top of their game. I'll be looking elsewhere for a place to entertain clients and out-of-town guests.

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Fantastic Salmon Salad for Lunch!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My salmon was served on a bed of kale, greens, and toasted croutons and breadcrumbs, tossed in a delicious citrus dressing. It was light and satisfying. I look forward to having this again!

Visited October 2013
Blaine, Washington
“Interesting menu”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went with another couple on a Saturday evening, so it was pretty busy. Sat outside on the terrace, as the inside was very noisy. On a warm evening in Tucson it was a perfect place to sit and enjoy a meal. In winter, they have large heaters.

The menu is relatively small, but includes meat, fish and veggie options, as well as gluten free. My burger was thick and juicy, and another friend's pan fried halibut was rated as delicious. However, my husband rated the fish and chips as only "OK". The fourth member of our group had the chicken curry which was rated as "good", but no more than that.

So overall a mixed bag. We had all had decaf cappuccino; Asked for them strong and they were excellent. The only dessert we tried was the vanilla bean ice cream, which was excellent.

The reason we all agreed the rating should be bumped up was the service.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Wildflower? Share your experiences!