“Absolutely wonderful”
Review of Wildflower

Wildflower
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildflower is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,005 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oracle
Description: As with everything great, one must first seek the roots. In our case, we are lucky enough to have our first restaurant, Wildflower, continuously thriving and serving the local and die-hard fans of Fox Restaurant Concepts in Tucson. While our seasonal menu changes with the calendar, the walls and décor with the years, the one thing that has remained steadfast and true is Wildflower’s carefully constructed plates, artfully shaken martinis and loyalty to its guests. You could call it a long-term love affair, and you’d just be scratching the surface.
Tucson, AZ
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband, friends of ours and I just had dinner there tonight. We had such a lovely evening that I couldn't wait to write a review about it. First of all, the place was packed, this being a Saturday night, so I'd recommend you make reservations. As a starter, we ordered our all-time favorite, the fried calamari salad with mizuno greens. It's got a great mix of flavors, and it is consistently good. As an entree, I had wonderful scallops with "forbidden rice" (black rice) with greens: great subtle flavors. A definite 3 stars. From what I heard, my husband and our friends were equally pleased with their order. As for the service, our waiter was pleasant, courteous, and efficient, as were his colleagues. I'd say this is one of the best restaurants in Tucson.
One downside though: if you choose to sit inside, be aware that the acoustics is terrible. I prefer to sit on the "terrace" but make sure you reserve ahead.

“Outstanding happy hour!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stopped here after spending the afternoon at Tohono Chul Park and had a delightful experience. Two of us shared a grilled cheese sandwich (the term does not do it justice--this is large, made with fresh ciabatta and several premium cheeses) for $5, very generous cheese plate ($8) and a bowl of curried squash soup that was spicy deliciousness just right for the cold (for Arizona) day. The space was really bright, open, sophisticated. Service was very gracious.
I'd love to go back and sample the regular menu--there were many temptations!

Tucson, Arizona
“As good as it gets!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you want great food and service you can't miss with Wildflower in Tucson.
Make sure you have reservations and be ready to enjoy a great meal.

• Visited January 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Outstanding food, service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Tucson. Food is terrific and very reasonably priced. everyone is our party of six had a different dish, and all raved. Can personally recommend the calamari, shortribs and scallops.

• Visited January 2013
Where ever we park
“Great food, uncomfortable noise level.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

All of the food we had was very good. The complimentary bread is a wonderful start as are the edamame dumplings. I had the bouillabaisse and since I am allergic to sea scallops they had no issues with leaving them out for me. My husband said his scallops were very good. Our friends both enjoyed their meals of chicken 2 ways and Lamb Tagliatelle. The edamame dumplings were pricey at $9 for 4 small dumplings and unfortunately the noise level in the dining room is loud which by the end of dinner was starting to give me a headache. The outside dining area seemed much quieter. If I returned I would try and eat out there.

Visited January 2013

Been to Wildflower? Share your experiences!