“Special birthday made more special”

Tohono Chul Garden Bistro
Ranked #42 of 2,124 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Join us for breakfast, brunch, and lunch on one of our gorgeous patios! If you're in need of refreshment, our beverages satisfy any thirst. Each dish is plated to look as lovely as the gardens surrounding the Bistro and the flavors are amazing! The menu changes seasonally, and even daily, based on what local, organic fresh ingredients are available.
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

I arranged a surprise birthday party for my husband, with about 30 guests. Tohono Chul is closed Sunday evenings except for special events so we had the courtyard and restaurant all to ourselves. The setting is magical, small white lights on the trees and tea lights on the tables; white linens, crisp and comfortable at the same time. I ordered a special menu and all guests raved about the food; the desserts were amazing. It was a pleasure working with the staff, the chef and Samantha. We can'talk wait for the next celebration so we can have it there.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

From the moment one walks up the path to its door there is a welcoming aura.
Four of us went there for lunch and were immediately greeted by a waiter with a huge smile. The atmosphere, the food, its presentation, and its flavor was enjoyed by all!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

This bistro is a true gem. We visited for brunch on a Sunday in May. They offer indoor and outdoor patio setting. The patio is surrounded by flowers and trees. Several types of birds, including hummingbirds, were flying around the garden.

There a good selection of both breakfast and lunch selections available. We both ate breakfast--huevos rancheros and omelet. The food had a Tex-mex flare. Both plates were delicious.

I would definitely recommend the lovely place.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

What a special, calm place to have lunch with my spouse. I great way to reconnect while we were on vacation. The featured drink of the day and the prickly pear palmer were excellent and different drinks. I had the rocket and melon salad (I added chicken) which I would highly recommend. A surprise great lunch at a tourist spot!

Reviewed April 26, 2017

It is a combination of everything. It's not only the food, but the charm, the super cute patio dining area, the garden, the menu, the service! It's just a great experience overall.

From the moment you enter this place, you see the beauty! It has a great front patio with a jasmine that followed the shape of the main arched entrance to the first patio. This first entrance patio is hacienda style, so it has little areas and corridors around it with talavera tiles and a very charming Mexican fountain in the middle. Then there is a little building with a few tables that separates this patio from the dining patio on the back.

We came here for breakfast. My mother and I did a trip together to see a show in Tucson. She loves breakfast, but she is extremely picky, so I made sure I picked a place with great reviews, and it did not disappoint.

The dinning patio is very charming and it is in the middle of a beautiful garden. You are surrounded by beauty and can hear the birds chirping. We got here by 9am on a Friday and got a table right away.

The menu is very original. We split their versiona of Huevos Rancheros: Which had fried bread instead of tortillas, I ordered it with the vegetarian chorizo and of course eggs. It came with a side of potatoes. These potatoes were the most delicious side of potatoes ever! They were the mini potatoes torn in half- crispy on the outside and soft in the inside.

We also ordered a scone- which that day was a cherry- chocolate chip scone. It was homemade, flaky and warm. It came with a vanilla whipped butter spread on the side- the perfect combo! The sizes where large! We split the eggs and the scone and didn't finish any of both! The coffee was also good. Definitely, not healthy food, but delicious.

After breakfast, we strolled a little in the Bistro Garden, which was absolutely gorgeous. We didn't have time to go to the actual Botanical Garden, but it was a great experience.

OH! I almost forgot! The service was excellent! The server was very nice, friendly, easy going, real warm smile! and the manager did his round later on and he was also very, very nice! Seems to be the norm in Tucson!