“Outstanding food in an outdoor garden setting”

Tohono Chul Garden Bistro
Ranked #29 of 2,003 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Join us for breakfast, brunch, and lunch on one of our gorgeous patios! If you're in need of refreshment, our beverages satisfy any thirst. Each dish is plated to look as lovely as the gardens surrounding the Bistro and the flavors are amazing! The menu changes seasonally, and even daily, based on what local, organic fresh ingredients are available.
Tucson
“Outstanding food in an outdoor garden setting”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Top-notch breakfast, brunch and lunch dining in the most beautiful and interesting "park" in Tucson. Excellent food, great gardens, wonderful art, and free wifi.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Richard B

Marana, Arizona
“Much improved with new chefs”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It is one of our favorite brunch places but the previous chefs let the quality go down. Under new chefs since July 2012 and now I am happy to take our out of town visitors back for the good food and Pickley Pear Lemonade!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank DottyAZ
Tucson, Arizona
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This nice eating spot is set in the middle of the most interesting western plant garden in the Tucson area. Good food, well served and you can pick up neat gifts in the same building.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Robert L
Tucson, Arizona
“Sad to see the decline”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I hadn't been there for a long time, chefs change every few years. My neighbor had said she and a friend had breakfast there and it was disappointing, but she was willing to try again, maybe just a glitch. So we went for lunch. We sat outdoors and as always the surroundings are beautiful. We were seated with a greeting of "How are we doing today" ? I absolutely hate that greeting. We were attended to promply by our server Angeline, I think, and sort of told us the special as an afterthought, and we had to ask what the soup of the day way. . I decided on the tuna melt and sweet potato fries. Honestly, I think, no I am sure I could have presented a more appealing dish. It arrived open faced on a partly toasted piece of bread, topped with two slices of tomato, a piece of romaine lettuce topped with three pickle slices, like the ones on a McDonalds burger, and a little pile of slaw. It tasted OK, but was very boring. We were presented with the check without a question of whether or not we'd like dessert. Oh well! All in all not a lovely experience. I think I would give it a pass for further visits.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Goldenboy08
“awful food”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A friend reserved there for a baby shower, they did not honor the request, we were in the main room and the food was ok. Some stuffwas god, some was terrible. I had a gluten free wrap and the kitchen was so dry that I could barely eat.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank PriscilaB3

Been to Tohono Chul Garden Bistro? Share your experiences!