“Bad experience”
Review of Bella D'Auria - CLOSED

Bella D'Auria
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bella D'Auria Restaurant & Bar is a new elegant modern built family owned Italian restaurant with freshly made rustic cuisine centered from Naples
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Bad experience”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I ordered a gluten free dish because I have Celiac disease They ran out of the pasta so the waiter said he could just give me a chicken breast and small salad instead turned out to cost me a lot more. Also the waiter had a rude jokes. We also sat for quite awhile with empty glasses. The food was so so not great for the price. Then the waiter ran my card twice and charged me twice now trying to get my money back is turning into a chore.

2 Thank Azduners

Tucson, Arizona
“Mama Mia!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

On 27 Jan 2013, we joined a couple of our dear friends for dinner. We meet at Bella D' Auria in Tucson, Arizona. We were delighted at the appearance of the restaurant. Bright colors, and lots of space. The service was very good and the food was excellent. We felt like we were back in Italy again.Our waitress was very good at suggesting what she thought were the best items on the menu. We were not disappointed one bit. My wife and i will be making a return visit to Bella D' Auria very soon and we will be bringing our appetite again. If you have not had a chance to dine here you are missing out a treat in the desert of Tucson.

Tucson, Arizona
“Elegant and Scrumptious Meal at Bella D' Auria”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I just returrned from dining at Bella D'Auria tonight and had a wonderful experience! After reading some of the reviews I held my breath for I have never written a negative review, nor am I tonight. We were joined by another couple and they enjoyed it as much as we did. We had a Groupon so it was a very nice way to introduce us to this 'new' neighborhood restaurant.
We both shared the cocunut shrimp appetizer. My husband chose the 3 Chef Special and I chose the Honey Lemon Shrimp. and both were outstanding! Both were very different and ones we would try again without hesitation. The 3 Chef Special is a creamy sauce while the Honey Lemon had a mixture of flavors and just the right amount of the honey lemon. I read where folks complained about olive oil swimming in their plates, and while mine had a lot of olive oil, that is how Italians fix their food. We have been to Italy, as well as the other couple with us, and we both agreed. It did not take away but enhanced the flavor and I loved the dish.
The service was very good, pleasant and friendly. Some have commented on how "sterile" the atmosphere is,+- but it is clean and attractive with pictures. Perhaps a few more plants might make it feel warmer but we enjoyed the atmoshpere. The changing colors at the bar and on the screen added a nice touch.
John and I had the New York Cheese Cake for dessert and you can tell it is homemade by the rich, smooth and creamy texture. We had cherries and chocolate as a top off. We will certainly make another visit and we encourage others to give it a try. We wish the owners continued success and hope they make a go at it. It has promise and the rest of the dishes all look inviting.
Give it a try and enjoy the meal!

Tucson
“Excellent mussels marinara”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had reservations but would not have needed them. The rolls were fresh and very soft. The Puccini Chianti was excellent. My companion, however, said her veal dish was too lemony. I enjoyed mussels marinara over spaghetti. We shared a spicy NY calamari appetizer, which had a pleasant little punch to it.

Tucson
“Too Bad”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This could be a great neighborhood Italian restaurant.
Unfortunately the owners appear to resent customers with Groupons who do not praise their restaurant. Furthermore, the servers seem to have a major attitude problem. The food has promise and the veal was prepared nicely, but the pasta and plate were soaked in olive oil. If the owner listened to his critics he might actually survive the restaurant scene in Tucson.

2 Thank leonardoAZ