“Great new Italian Restaurant in Tucson”
Review of Bella D'Auria - CLOSED

Bella D'Auria
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bella D'Auria Restaurant & Bar is a new elegant modern built family owned Italian restaurant with freshly made rustic cuisine centered from Naples
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I recently ate at this new Italian Restaurant on Broadway in Tucson. It is a very nice place, attractively decorated, with convenient parking, and excellent and very authentic Italian food. Overall our entire experience was perfect. The very friendly chef/owner came to our table to explain how he had prepared our meals which was a very nice touch which we really appreciated. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Too bad this new Italian eatery offers nothing new in either cuisine or atmosphere. In reading other reviews, I find the owner very defensive, but apparently not listening to the comments. Tucson has moved well beyond a plate of overcooked, packaged pasta with watery, bland tomato sauce. That is about all this restaurant offers. Look eslewhere for good Italian food.

1  Thank lynnk
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are always hopeful when a new Italian restaurant opens. We abandoned that hope fairly quickly on our visit to Bella D'Auria. Our server was a friendly young lady but absolutely clueless about service. We asked for some guidance in choosing between two wines on the list and ordered the one the served recommended. She was back in a few minutes to inform us they did not have that one. When she brought our second choice, she presented it to us and then asked in a very sincere way if we wanted it opened. Apparently some customers just use it as a table decoration? We would have ordered salads but could not find them on the menu. I would have ordered meatballs with my pasta but they weren't offered. However, we noticed later that the next table had both. There must be a secret menu. No matter, the food was not memorable. My wife ordered Chicken Piccata and, instead of the usual slices of chicken, she got small pieces of chicken. Cubes, I think, but like I said, the food was not memorable.

This restaurant is far enough from home that we would have to have a good reason to return. We don't have one. The chef here might want to make an anonymous visit to Cafe Milano downtown to see how a real Italian restaurant works.

3  Thank JBTucson
Lorenzo D, Guest Relations Manager at Bella D'Auria, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

First off we had a busy weekend and Sold out of the wine you where wanting and informed you we're out, unfortunately in Arizona the law only let's you order from a select legal places to buy from and the earliest I could get more of the wine you wanted was Tuesday, and the delivery is today. I'm a sauté Chef and the reason we cut the chicken is do you have flavor each bite. And please don't compare me to Cafe Milan Downtown that is a food from Milan Italy the fashion capital and there food is not great been there 5 times when I worked downtown. I am 100% Italian and my family started in Genoa Italy then to Naples Italy, I recall coming to your table and asking how everything was and you said it was. And you then go right a negative review, stay on your side of town and eat what you like but at least have some respect to the Chef and don't right thing negative because you are to scared to voice your opinion when asked if Cafe Milan is what you like you are used to food with little flavor. I cook food with flavor infusion. I try to please everyone but son people are beyond help. Thanks for trying and hope not to see you again. It's people like you that hurt small business and bring people down.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Having the opportunity to dine here again I WOULD NOT! Ordered the chicken piccata, which is usually a subtle lemon flavored dish. I was beyond disappointed when only one bite was all that could be tolerated! This dish was disastrous, it was as if someone had mindlessly squeezed the juice of many lemons. My companion ordered the spaghetti pomodoro with what appeared to have a can of sliced black olives and lacked pasta. To add to the experience, our server had trouble with bringing water to our table and we appeared to be her only customers. Tucson has many options when dining out, I recommend other options.

2  Thank momaz100
Lorenzo D, General Manager at Bella D'Auria, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Ok my response to this is you are obviously not a Chef of a professional fool critic. First Chicken Piccata is a sautéed onion, garlic, butter, olive oil and the number 1 ingredient is lemon because its the number one ordered dish in this restaurant and all entree are severed with a half pound of pasta oh it's also obvious you don't no what pomadori means olives. So your review shouldn't influence anyone who knows what real authentic Italian food made by Italians is all about. It's hard to have an Authentic Italian restaurant where the people that eat here have never really eaten a real Italian meal so go to the 96% of the chain restaurants in Tucson that you are used to. People like yourself are the reason small local businesses don't exceed in this City. Oh I'm sorry maybe we should have gave your friend a pound of pasta although I've never heard of someone eating the whole pound. To the people that read this response please be aware I'm 100% Italian from New York and my whole family is from Italy so come try Italy in Tucson.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Well, the 4 of us arrived around 5:30 on a Saturday night. We were the only customers in the place. Decor is OK, Wine $7 glass in a HUGE goblet that made it look like they filled the bottom of the glass. Two of us ordered the eggplant parmagan. I tell you loud and clear the waiter told us it was 1/2 inch slices of fresh eggplant.....IT WAS NOT EGGPLANT we got ..it was more like gyros meat and no thicker than a quarter... it took awhile to get our order as well. We used a living social coupon and they automatically added on a 20% tip ..so pay attention if you use LS coupons. We will NOT be back. Only 1 other table came in by the time we left. For the price $14.99 to not get what you ordered was just not acceptable. The meatballs WERE good and we all liked the marina sauce. The high top tables and bar and karaoke screen ..a bit confusing...I do not think they will be open very long. We also had tried to go 2 other times but their hours kept changing.. I should have listened to the other reviewers on other sites! They have been open for only 6 months and parking is minimal.

1  Thank Linda F
Lorenzo D, Manager at Bella D'Auria, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Bella D'Auria just had 22 members of the International Dinning Network here for dinner 6 of the 22 people had the eggplant and said it was delicious, well I know you can't please everyone and I will never use a living social again because the people using them do not know how to read the print and tip on the discounted amount so we decided to take care or the serves and add auto gratuity to all Living Socials. We are a new opened in April 27th of 2012 Locally owned and operated and a Tucson Original, The wine glass are professional wine glasses and each wine pour is 4oz. a standard in the industry. The eggplant is homemade and the number 2 best selling on the menu next to the homemade lasagna. Our prices are competitive to all the Italian Restaurants in Tucson Locally owned and operated, therefor not a chain restaurant.