“Fine Korean Food” 5 of 5 stars

Kimchi Time
Ranked #314 of 1,903 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Description: We specialize in authentic Korean cuisine in a casula, family oriented atmosphere. We offer hot, fresh food and fast, friendly service. Come in to try one of our Grill Specials...ask for it "Spicy!" if you're brave!
Tucson
“Fine Korean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

When we arrived in Tucson we started searching for good restaurants. Kimchi Time (kind of a silly name) fit the bill with excellent Korean food and good service. It's tiny with little atmosphere but we have been pleased with every visit. I especially like the Korean pancakes.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Silver City, New Mexico, United States
“Best I've had in 15 years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Based on the number of reviews I guess this place is new. Had lunch there today and its the best I've had in nearly 15 years. I forced myself to not get the bibimbop and had the pork belly stir fry. So amazingly good - perfectly cooked, perfect sauce and my biggest revelation was the rice! I don't think I've ever had rice at any Asian restaurant that was anything more than steamed Jasmine. Not sure what it was but it was heartier and included some purple -so maybe a blend of white and black rice? My spouse did succumb to the Bibimbop and loved it - very authentic bowl. Just to find some flaw...his bibimbop did not have the egg on top (maybe its not a standard like I thought) and they didn't have bolicha tea (which I hate anyway but it seems to be a standard we use when judging a Korean restaurant). Service was very friendly, the room was filled with Koreans, and the menu was not just the obvious fare. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Korean Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

So my friends and I love to eat Korean food, being they served in Korea and our other friend is half Korean, I trust them when it comes to Korean food. We have been to every Korean restuarant in town and Kimchi Time is by far the best! The food is wonderful and I suggest the seafood kimchi pancake and the Korean ribs. This place is a family owned and operated place, and the family is beyond wonderful to their customers. The son was our waiter and always had a smile and was very attentive. He is young and doesn't seem to be used to walking up to the table and asking if you need anything, but if you just raise your hand or start looking around he is right there. The owner, after our meal brought us free ice cream, and is all about interacting with his customers. I would suggest this place to everyone and anyone!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Courtney0315
Fort Stockton, Texas
“Great Korean in tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Read the first review published here and decided that if the review was half right, this would be a good find. Well, he was a 100 percent right. Try it, nice family run place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ted D
hanoi
“Excellent food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were missing Korean food so we tried Kimchi Time, and it really hit the spot. We had the seafood pancake, galbi, and bimimbap plus the ban chan side dishes. The galbi was served on a hot plate with grilled onions and a side of rice. The bimimbap was in a hot stone bowl and the rice was crispy on the bottom. All the dishes were well prepared and quite authentic. It came quickly. The pancake was not greasy, and the side dishes were a good selection. Our kimchi was refilled willingly, and the OB beer was cold. The owner and his wife were greeters and servers and made sure we felt welcome and enjoyed our food. They were very helpful in explaining the menu and suggesting items. Eating at Kimchi Time was enjoyable and satisfying. We will return.

• Visited December 2012