“Expensive”

Add it.
Tucson Symphony Orchestra
Ranked #88 of 306 things to do in Tucson
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Music is decent but they do everything they can to discourage high schoolers from coming. Parking in the area is expensive and the clientele is VERY old.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have been going to the TSO for 8 years, and am alwasy amazed at the depth this symphony has. Coming from a big city with a world reknown orchestra, I was concerned that I would find the TSO lacking. Not a bit. The music selections and introduction by the conductor, George Hanson, always inspire me to listen with more than my ears, but with all my senses. Last weekend I actually was holding my breath as a piece came to the end, it was so beautifully played.

As many of the "arts" are having difficulty with the economy these day, the symphony was forced to change their schedule from 3 performances a weekend, to two. But the feeling of joy from the musicians is wholehearted, the venue is extremely comfortable, and sound system is very good, so all in all the TSO will weather the economic storm.

If you are new to Tucson, definitely attend, if you have been here, but think this symphony can not meet up to your big city standards, give them a chance. You will be more than impressed. If you are visiting Tucson and you are a music lover, and the TSO happen to be playing either symphony or pops, or masters workshop, call the box off and get tickets. You will be very happy you spent your time and money. It is worth every penny and every minute.

1  Thank Foster7204