“We can't wait to go again!!!”

Foolish Pleasure Hot Air Balloon Rides
Ranked #7 of 37 Tours in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Exciting and comfortable hot air balloon rides for 2-6 people featuring picturesque views of the Tucson Mountains and Saguaro National Park, west. Flights include a deluxe continental brunch with a champagne/sparkling cider toast, and digital photos of your flight. Foolish Pleasure prides itself as a family owned and operated business. Dan Ewer, certified FAA hot air balloon pilot, is 100% accident free. Lorrie Ewer, an ordained minister, is available per request for marriage ceremonies.
Tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We can't wait to go again!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My daughter and I wanted to do something different for her birthday this year, so we decided to take a hot air balloon ride! What a blast!!! One of the coolest things I have ever done in my life! The view of the mountains and all the surroundings was breath taking! Dan and Lorrie really treated us special and are really great people to be around! Can't wait to go again in the fall!!!

D. Caldwell
Tucson, AZ

1 Thank Dwight K

Tucson, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a wonderful time!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I surprised my girlfriend with a hot air balloon ride for her birthday and we had a wonderful time! Dan and lorrie are the best and really know how to make the experience the best ever! We have flown with them many times since. There is no better balloon flight in tucson!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Steve N
Montrose, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Flight with a fun pilot and crew”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a great flight with Foolish pleasure. They advised us that the day we are schedule could change do to any unsafe flying weather. We joined them early in the morning and they were full of smiles and eagerness to get us up in the air. The flight was great with beautiful views of the leaving the city, up and over the Tucson Mountains into the farmlands of Marana. After our flight we went to a little park and celebrated with a lite brunch. The pilot was very informative and the crew was there to send us off and at our landing, I think they had as much fun chasing us as we did flying. I will be sure to fly with them again the next time I visit Tucson.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Amethyst52
Hallstead, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Hot Air Balloon Ride in Tucson”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

LOOK NO FURTHER, this is THE company to take a hot air balloon ride with in Tucson! Dan and Lorrie are fabulous - very friendly and personable, they run a great operation. The crew, obviously well-trained and professional, are wonderful. Lorrie takes beautiful pictures of the flight at sunrise - great shots of a memorable experience and I've never heard anyone tell the story of the first balloon flight quite like Dan tells it! Even their tailgate, with its scrumptious food and champagne is the best I've seen. As an avid adventurer who has been on multiple hot air balloon flights, I can say with certainty, this is the BEST hot air balloon company in Tucson! Enjoy the ride!

1 Thank Tara S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I lost $$$$!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I surprised my husband with a hot air balloon ride for our anniversary. Earlier that week I got a call saying they needed to change our flight day, I insisted on our anniversary date that I was promised. That morning, we were so excited, but after an hour of trying to get the balloon set up, they canceled the ride, said it was too windy. We did however see another balloon in the air that morning...?? Needless to say, we were disappointed and my surprise flopped. When I rescheduled a few months later, I was told a time and date. I scheduled a sitter (not so easy to find one for 6 am). Again, days before another call that I needed to reschedule. No thanks, my husband rearranged his schedule already and my sitter was set. They called me the day before to confirm we would be there at 5 something... What?? Not the time I was told. I checked and it was impossible for my sitter to be there that early. I had no option but to cancel. Since I didn't give them 72 hrs advance, they still charged me for the ride. All that and I paid them hundreds of dollars. Too bad they didn't work with me, I would have paid extra for a private ride.

4 Thank KJSGV
dlewer1, Owner at Foolish Pleasure Hot Air Balloon Rides, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to clarify a few points regarding your review.

We did try to inflate the balloon but the winds were too strong to get the balloon upright. It became quite a struggle, so the pilot, for the safety of all the passengers and crew, decided to cancel the flight for that day. Flying a hot air balloon involves several factors, weather being one of them, and wind can affect the lift off by mere minutes, hence the reason you may have seen another balloon in the air that morning. It doesn’t happen very often, but since the weather is out of our control, we do sometimes have to cancel and reschedule due to the wind. However, it is a very small percentage of the total number of flights we do throughout the season.
After the canceled flight, we called and left two messages for you over the next four months to reschedule, but did not receive a response until a few weeks before the end of the flying season. At that point there were only a few available dates left, but we made some adjustments and booked you for the Saturday you requested. When we called the day before your flight to give you the meeting location and exact meeting time, you were not happy about how early it was. We fly at sunrise for safety purposes and cannot adjust the time based on passenger request. We understand that it was earlier than your previous scheduled flight (being four months later in the year), but we do inform all passengers that we fly at sunrise and it is also clearly stated on our website. However, you decided to cancel last-minute because you could not get there that early, leaving us and the other paid passengers that were booked for that Saturday in a quandary. We were forced to make last-minute arrangements so that flight would have enough weight for the other passengers that were booked that day to get their flight.

Even though the Groupon you had purchased had already expired, we honored it anyway, and since sunrise is later in the morning during the fall, we agreed to honor it several months later as well. Despite that, after our conversation you contacted Groupon and requested a refund, which they granted you. Therefore, no money was lost on your part.

We apologize that you did not have a good experience with us as we take great pride in our family-run business and aim to please all of our customers.

Foolish Pleasure Hot Air Balloon Rides