“Small friendly amazing ride”

Foolish Pleasure Hot Air Balloon Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exciting and comfortable hot air balloon rides for 2-6 people featuring picturesque views of the Tucson Mountains and Saguaro National Park, west. Flights include a complimentary deluxe continental brunch with and digital photos of your flight. Foolish Pleasure prides itself as a family owned and operated business. Dan Ewer, certified FAA hot air balloon pilot, is 100% accident free. Lorrie Ewer, an ordained minister, is available per request for marriage ceremonies.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very personable ride with just 4 people and Dan, the pilot, who made the ride very comfortable and friendly where we could ask him any questions and flew low enough to see dogs barking!

Amazing pics that his wife, Lorrie, took of the balloon and beautiful sun rise etc. Really appreciate those memorable pictures.

They also provide drinks and homemade treats afterward too.

Well worth the money.

"safety"
"desert"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just took a ride this morning with Foolish Pleasure. They were on-time, quite friendly, and competent. (When I was younger I did some balloon-crewing myself.) The ride itself was lovely, with commentary that was low-key but interesting. Our landing was a bit rough (as often happens in ballooning), but we were warned of that possibility and told what to do if it happened; all went well. Add in some light picnic-style refreshments they provided afterwards, and you get a very worthwhile experience.

1  Thank MinneapolisMaguire
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Look no further. Dan and Lorrie are wonderful, personable, and friendly people..with a fantastic crew. My girlfriend surprised me with a balloon ride with Foolish Pleasures, and I can't explain enough how wonderful an experience it was. From the smooth take off, flight, and landing to the exceptional knowledge and passion for ballooning, you absolutely can't go wrong with these guys.

Book a trip with these guys and see for yourself. No need to try anyone else, Foolish Pleasures can't be beat!

1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was my boyfriend's birthday and I was looking for the perfect surprise, when I came across an advertisement for Foolish Pleasure Hot Air Balloon rides. I started researching their safety record, and all I could find was great reviews. So I bought 2 tickets for the last week of September.

On the morning of the ride, we met the crew near Ina and the freeway just before daylight. My boyfriend was quite surprised—but he was a really good sport! We rode with the pilot and a member of the crew over to the take off site. As the sun was rising, the balloon was being inflated, and the jets of fire going up into the balloon lit the balloon up for some really nice photos.

When it was time to take off, we climbed in and started to rise. We rode along the edge of the mountain peaks, and over the end of Sombrero Peak. We came upon a hiker who stopped to wave at us and take pictures of our balloon as we passed over him. Because the balloon drifts so quietly, we were able to get directly above 5 deer, that had barely notice us until Dan turned on the burners again.

As we were approaching the chase vehicle, we drifted low and slow over some cotton fields in Marana and eventually settled down in an adjacent empty field. The landing was soft and not frightening (even for me). Oh, did I mention I have a fear of heights?! We neither one ever felt the least bit endangered.

After the flight, we drove to a picnic area at a park where they popped the cork on a bottle of champagne to celebrate the occasion, and unpacked an awesome brunch. Chocolate strawberries, fruits, bagels, fancy spreads, cheeses, crackers, and pastries.

On the ride back to our car, we talked to our pilot Dan, and he shared some great stories about the places he has flown. This was a perfect, very memorable, birthday surprise! Happy Birthday Peter! I love you!

Thanks Dan and Lorrie!

2  Thank Sheryl S
See more reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My fiance, having to have the most perfect proposal, decided on a hot air balloon ride across Tucson. The staff at Foolish Pleasure were fabulous in planning this moment and making it truly unforgetable. Not only were they the only company in the area still willing to take us up in mid to late May, but they also took tons of photos, kept the secret, and celebrated with a wonderful spread of chocolate covered strawberries, cheese, cake, and mimosa afterward. We felt very safe with this group throughout the entire ride and were instructed appropriately prior to and during the ride. Our pilot was very knowledgeable and made us feel very safe. The crew was also great and knew exactly what they were doing. The ride is very peaceful and they even take you over the mountain ridge, which some other companies in the area will not do. They have lots of experience and I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone who wants a peaceful thrill!!!!

2  Thank Alex B