“Yummy sushi in the desert”
Review of Sushi Cortaro

Sushi Cortaro
Ranked #448 of 2,047 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate at Sushi Cortaro for the third time on this past weekend and again were delighted with the meal. The sashimi "bridge" presentation was fun and tuna/salmon/yellowtail/albacore delicious. It comes with a Dragon Roll, salad and miso. My husband ordered seaweed salad and another roll and between all these we had a feast. My sister, who doesn't eat sushi, enjoyed the tempura and chicken yakitori. The location in a strip mall is unexceptional, but the food has been fresh and really good. A real treat for those on the NW side of Tucson, near Marana! Carryout is an option too.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Th only 2 good things about this restaurant were its proximity to the Omni Golf Resort, and the presentation of the food. However, the ingredients used were sub par and the service was atrocious. I seriously qustion if the two servers waiting on us were under the influence of something...

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This apparently family-owned restaurant offers lunch and dinner, and it specializes in the "new style" sushi - paper on the inside. Their food is excellent, although the menu is limited to the more common types (no blowfish). They have achieved the perfect middle ground between the "sushi buffet" style and the high-end connoisseur sushi restaurant.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been eating here since it opened. The food and service are consistently excellent. The fish is always fresh, the salmon always has that buttery delicious texture (that's a good thing for me). One of the top two sushi restaurants in Tucson. Yes I know Tucson and sushi aren't a seemingly good combination but having had sushi all over Ca and HI, I know a good place

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have tried many different sushi restaurants in town but once I discovered Sushi Cortaro I will not go anywhere else. Best food, best atmosphere and best service.