“A GROCERY STORE? PLEASE!”

AJ's Purveyor of Fine Foods
Ranked #58 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 21, 2013

During our first week in Tucson the kids suggested we fetch dinner from a grocery store! Sure; right! That's what we thought when they described AJ's but some grocery stores ain't really grocery stores. Coming from South Africa we find all grocery stores way overboard compared to our expressions back home. So we went to AJ's (the grocery store) to fetch dinner! WOW!!! How much fun was that! I lost the wife in the grocery store window shopping while strolling around the huge selection of prepared choices for dinner. Eventually we managed to make our choices and get out of there. (We did go back the next day for more window shopping and in fact a few groceries). Our dinner choices included the salad bar where the items were very fresh. There was a grilled salmon fillet tried on for size and found perfect. There was the obligatory pizza which was properly done. We skipped the desserts which we also over the top in presentation. If you want convenience and good groceries then remember AJ's Purveyor of Fine Foods right into the evening hours. A grocery store? I don't think so!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I visit the bakery almost everyday, usually for a tea but sometimes I add a sweet treat. The tea is fresh and they have the best ice. I also get the sushi and it is always delicious.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great place to grab last minute gifts for our hosts. We were quickly able to locate the desserts we wanted to bring. Only wish we had more choices of flowers for an arrangement.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I don't normally shop at AJ's because of their high prices. The store is lovely and has a great selection of foods of high quality from around the world. I find a lot of those items at other places for lower cost. That said, I was recently there after a trip to the mall and wanted lunch. I was able to buy three hamburgers for the price of what one would have cost at a nearby restaurant. The burgers were done to order and to perfection. It was a great value!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My Dad asked to see all the grocery stores i use in Tucson and by far he was fascinated by the fruits and vegetables selection at AJ's. The displays make for delight fantasies of dinners to prepare from fresh and exotic vegetables and fruits the like of which you have rarely seesn.