“Very satisfying theater ”

Arizona Theater Company
Ranked #22 of 320 things to do in Tucson
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

The play we saw, Outside Mullingar by John Shanley, was very well staged and extremely well acted. The program listed many other interesting events. It is nice to see such outstanding cultural opportunities In Tucson. Take advantage of them.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"acoustics"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Two days before I was scheduled to see Man of La Mancha I broke my ankle and required surgery. Box office staff was fabulous both in rescheduling my performance date and ensuring that my husband and I were provided with wheelchair seating. The performance was Broadway caliber and the acoustics in this intimate art deco theater called the Temple of Music and Art are excellent. If you are lucky enough to be in Tucson when performances are scheduled, go! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Situated on an historic road next to century-old buildings with plenty of parking, this is a place for the true theatre-lover. Beforehand, choose from a dozen local restaurants, or enjoy a quick bite at the theatre's bar/café. You can eat in a quaint adobe courtyard and get ready for the professional performance awaiting you. Inside, there are no bad seats in this theater. Seats are comfortable, and the selections include classics and groundbreaking new works. I caught The River Bride - outstanding cast and staging. The lighting design was worth the visit in and of itself.

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to ATC Tucson and if Man of La Mancha is any indication of the level of professionalism regularly exhibited by this troupe, I’m sorry we’ve missed then til now! An absolutely wonderful reinterpretation of the classic play, the production brilliantly had the actors/singers also playing the music and dancing flamenco with seamless precision; instruments were passed freely about and every person on stage played their parts in perfect synchronicity. A riveting performance, kept our attention for the full 1:45 and left us wanting to see it again! If you have a chance to see this production in Tucson or Phoenix don’t miss it!

1  Thank Bruce N B