“Bogus?”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hmm... on the 1-year anniversary of my review, I really believe that some or most of the positive reviews which result in an overall "excellent" rating are BOGUS based the hostile attitude of the chef (owner?) and a waitperson when I ate there. I see that I'm not the only one when it comes to some concerns at this place.

My experience: I wasn't served what I ordered, and was told that I could not have what I ordered, AFTER the substitution was served, which I didn't want! a waitperson was snotty about it, and the chef, who was visible behind a counter & partial screen, looked crazed (almost as if he'd come for me with a cleaver!) when I asked about ordering something else; that was a "No." I left as soon as I could.

It was THE most unpleasant restaurant experience I've ever had (other than actually getting sick after eating something bad, or in the past, having to sit in cigarette smoke). Hiring new staff isn't the only issue here; the chef (owner?) needs to be replaced! Definitely NOT "excellent." Am just not motivated to take a big chance on going back to see if it's different now. Too bad, as I usher at the nearby theater others have mentioned, andI wouldn't mind having a nice Thai place to eat in first at times.

PS: I did not visit in September 2013, but there is no earlier option that I can see, and this webform forces a choice.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome. Seriously the best pad thai I have ever tasted in my entire life. Full of exciting flavors. Mango strawberry dessert!! Flaming bananas!! Outdoor patio is nice and warm and a cool lounge type atmosphere. I'm vegetarian. I'd give this place 10 stars!!!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had dinner and wine right before a Fox Theater show. It is very close to the Fox. The service and the food was outstanding. Initially we felt like we were in a dance club due to the dress of the staff. The menu is varied and we both had delicious stir-fry's which were reasonably priced. We took advantage of their pleasant outside alley lounge area which was empty.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

First off let me preface this with they have new staff. Second off the food is UH-MAZING!!! Service was excellent!! The owner insists on fresh ingredients and you won't be disappointed with the seafood panang curry! If you like Thai food you will love this place. Don't hesitate - just do it!!

1  Thank FFcouple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was excited to try this restaurant as a nice treat for my boyfriend and I last Friday night before a concert downtown. I had checked out the website and the food sounded good and reasonably priced. We entered through the inviting courtyard area and the first question out of the wait staff was "do you have a reservation?". We did not. The wait person was going to check to see if a table was available since it was early in the evening, but she never came back. The two servers continued serving wine to the other patrons and a line began forming behind us. We stood for 10 more minutes and as we were getting no response from anyone , walked out.