“Our favorite Thai food in Tucson”
Review of V Fine Thai Dining - CLOSED

V Fine Thai Dining
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Its hard to find consistently good Thai food in Tucson. V Fine Thai comes the closest to serving very tasty creative Thai cuisine. Great dishes include green curry with grilled chicken, massaman curry with lamb, pad thai with scallops, and green papaya salad. The service is wonderful; a collection of unique characters that aren't afraid to share their opinion. Best, of course is Villa herself. Her energy is infectious and she is so proud of her commitment to serving healthy thi food that is low in calories and high in flavor. Like other Thai restaurants, consistency is their one failing, with the same dishes being prepared totally differently the next time we order. On the other hand, they are very accommodating, altering a dish to our specifications if a key ingredient is not available. It's a nice touch, which makes you feel warm and welcome. I have never had anything but a great dining experience, with the caveats noted. Check it out.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very tasty and creative. The seafood curry was excellent with interesting flavors of hot and sweet. Definitely will go back again.
Friendly staff with smiles on their faces. I believe they were really happy to have us there.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

By luck we parked on a meter just outside this lovely Thai restaurant. If we hadn't I fear we may have missed this experience. Situated down an side alley that leads to a courtyard setting where you can eat and drink outside. We ate inside and it was great. Excellent food, friendly caring service. Highly recommended! Look out for the cleverly projected "V" logo on the brick wall.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Walking right off Congress and down an outdoor corridor lands you right into the courtyard, home to the relaxing dining area. While I did peak inside to see what the indoor scene looked like, I preferred the outdoor area. Instead of having a meal, I ordered a Thai beer and a few appetizers. All of which were delicious. But one stood out as a first time for me: I tried the bone marrow dish which was spectacular! This place has staff that are truly having fun, which is an intoxicating feature of any restaurant. I was also impressed by the way that the staff took ownership of the place.