“Fun and Great food. Very interesting tour.”
Review of Tucson Food Tours

Tucson Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Food & Drink in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rated Tucson's #1 tour activity and a great way to get a Taste of Tucson. Tucson Food Tours was featured in the book "100 Things To Do In Tucson Before You Die". We are Tucson's original walking food tour where you not only get a combination of delicious foods and beverages, but a little history of Tucson along the way. This tour is one of the "Top things to do in Tucson" and was designed to allow visitors, locals, foodies to sample some of the hottest local foods and drinks in the area. Even people local to Tucson will learn and taste new things that are unique to this wonderful city. We also specialize in custom, private, or corporate tours and/or events. We can accommodate large groups and handle all the event planning for you!
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I have lived here for 12 years and never realized downtown had such great food. The guided tour also gave us some history that was very interesting. We really enjoyed it. Brad gave us just enough information to make the tour interesting and not too much to make it boring. I recommend this tour to everyone, even if you've lived here for a long time and were always hesitant to visit Tucson's Downtown.

3  Thank Calvinchu

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My entire group loved the tour. I did'nt know what to expect, but the information and history was very interesting and the food was superb. Just enough walking and plenty of variety. It opened up a new world of eating establishments to me and my friends and we are planning on revisiting many of the hidden gems that Brad revealed to us.

2  Thank Mike P
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is a "must do" if you're a foodie visiting Tucson. Tucson is a great food town. It's easy to bypass downtown, though, because there's so much happening elsewhere. The tour was an introduction to some unique smaller venues with great food, high standards, and a commitment to quality. Great variety, from a trendy coffee bar to traditional Mexican. Brad was a charming and knowledgeable guide, and offered much information on dining options throughout the Tucson area, beyond just the spots on the tour. The route we walked, illuminated by Brad's commentary, was a great introduction to old Tucson. The pace was just right -- it is a "walking tour" after all, but we two active seniors had no problems. And the outdoor temperatures were over 100 degrees! The food samples were delicious and ample. Samples were sized so we had plenty of room to enjoy everything, but you won't go home hungry!

2  Thank EatLikeABird
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was so much fun. We have been on food tours in a number of cities, and I think this was the best. Before we had been driven around, and the act of walking through the city streets and hearing history on the sights as you worked up an appetite for the next place really added to the experience. It was just us four friends in the group. Our guide was a local firefighter and a real foodie. All the places we visited were his favorite homegrown restaurants and each was very different. We ended up returning to three of them for a meal later. We got special treatment at each place because of the relationship the guide had with the people there.
You will not leave hungry. We walked and ate for four hours. I was stuffed before they brought the half hamburger and home-made potato chips. We had only light snacks for a late dinner. I just can't recommend this tour enough. It was the most fun we had together on the whole trip.

2  Thank boomertraveler54
Reviewed May 3, 2012

While my husband and I have been to Tucson several times before, we often go to restaurants on the outskirts of the city. During our visit this year we were surprised and pleased to see that Tucson has a food tour. We have been on food tours in other cities and always enjoyed them.

Brad lead our tour with an insiders perspective on some great small restaurants in downtown Tucson, introducing us to places which we would not otherwise have discovered. We went back to one of the restaurants for dinner a few nights later and had a great meal (with a discount coupon from the tour).

This tour is just the right length of time (about 3 hours) and provides plenty of food - so go with an appetite. Food allergies are gracefully accommodated. It's an easy walk and most places provide places to sit down in air conditioned comfort. A most enjoyable way to spend a bit of the day in Tucson.