“Great intro to the Tucson food scene”
Review of Tucson Food Tours

Tucson Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Food & Drink in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: More Fun. More Food. The Original Tucson Food Tour. Indulge in Downtown Tucson's food, culture, & history! Join us on a walking food tour where our guides will point out architectural highlights, cultural hotspots, and great local shops, while sampling delicious food from restaurants along the way. Visiting tourists & locals agree that our tours are a great way to learn about this up and coming downtown area.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is a "must do" if you're a foodie visiting Tucson. Tucson is a great food town. It's easy to bypass downtown, though, because there's so much happening elsewhere. The tour was an introduction to some unique smaller venues with great food, high standards, and a commitment to quality. Great variety, from a trendy coffee bar to traditional Mexican. Brad was a charming and knowledgeable guide, and offered much information on dining options throughout the Tucson area, beyond just the spots on the tour. The route we walked, illuminated by Brad's commentary, was a great introduction to old Tucson. The pace was just right -- it is a "walking tour" after all, but we two active seniors had no problems. And the outdoor temperatures were over 100 degrees! The food samples were delicious and ample. Samples were sized so we had plenty of room to enjoy everything, but you won't go home hungry!

2  Thank EatLikeABird
There are newer reviews for Tucson Food Tours

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was so much fun. We have been on food tours in a number of cities, and I think this was the best. Before we had been driven around, and the act of walking through the city streets and hearing history on the sights as you worked up an appetite for the next place really added to the experience. It was just us four friends in the group. Our guide was a local firefighter and a real foodie. All the places we visited were his favorite homegrown restaurants and each was very different. We ended up returning to three of them for a meal later. We got special treatment at each place because of the relationship the guide had with the people there.
You will not leave hungry. We walked and ate for four hours. I was stuffed before they brought the half hamburger and home-made potato chips. We had only light snacks for a late dinner. I just can't recommend this tour enough. It was the most fun we had together on the whole trip.

2  Thank boomertraveler54
Reviewed May 3, 2012

While my husband and I have been to Tucson several times before, we often go to restaurants on the outskirts of the city. During our visit this year we were surprised and pleased to see that Tucson has a food tour. We have been on food tours in other cities and always enjoyed them.

Brad lead our tour with an insiders perspective on some great small restaurants in downtown Tucson, introducing us to places which we would not otherwise have discovered. We went back to one of the restaurants for dinner a few nights later and had a great meal (with a discount coupon from the tour).

This tour is just the right length of time (about 3 hours) and provides plenty of food - so go with an appetite. Food allergies are gracefully accommodated. It's an easy walk and most places provide places to sit down in air conditioned comfort. A most enjoyable way to spend a bit of the day in Tucson.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a few days in Tucson and since we like to eat at restaurants that are not chains when travelling we decided to book this tour. From the moment we were greeted by our tour guide Brad we knew we were in for a good time. Learning about some history near the train depot and the Congress Hotel, where John Dillinger once holed up, were a great way to start off. We then proceeded to visit 6 different local eateries while walking and learning more about the downtown area. We started by sampling ice cream at The Hub on Congress, before having melt in your mouth homemade pastrami. That was followed up by a stop at Empire Pizza for some delicious thin crust pizza. They even made garlic rolls for my sister-in-law who can't eat cheese. It was then on to two local Mexican restaurants. The tamales and specially brewed beer at El Charro were a definite hit. Monkeyburger was next for a delicious burger sample and some fried pickles. We wished we didn't have to leave town the next day but know that we will eat at these places when we visit again. Hghly recommend for first time visitors to the Tucson area. Thanks Brad & Maria!

4  Thank tdblongmont
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have lived in Tucson for 2 years now and thought that I had tried most restaurants. I was really impressed with the quality of food and atmosphere of all of the stops on the tour. I had never heard of most of the places and was pleasantly surprised with the hidden gems. I can't wait to go back to all of the places, especially La Cocina! Thanks Brad for a wonderful tour!

1  Thank Kar83isa