“For good Mexican food go where the locals go!”
Review of Los Portales

Los Portales
Ranked #548 of 2,099 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The food is freshly made and you can watch the tortillas being made in the heart of the restaurant. I love the cheese soup and my friend almost always has the special of the day. The local strolling guitars know this is a good place to hang out - hope you're lucky to be there when they are. We keep going back again and again and we take visitors to get the flavor of South Tucson.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Bought a groupon and decided to try it out. Service was good and ordered off the menu. Didn't know there was a buffet for lunch that most regulars were eating. Ordered machaca plate which was made with dried seasoned beef. I personally found it to dry. The chips and salsa came first and was too spicy for my wife and a little to peppery for my taste. The restauant itself has interesting decor and was warm and friendly. I think that if I had a Mexican background I would have enjoyed what people around were eating - real traditional food.

1  Thank jesse1128

Been to Los Portales? Share your experiences!