Catalina Inn
$110
$90
Aloft.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$62
ComfortSuites
$124
$101
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

La Posada Lodge and Casitas(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Restaurant
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleantucson areastay there againcerealaz
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The rooms were a great value. We had 4 rooms all close to each other (as we had requested) which was really nice that they really paid attention to our request to be near each other. The continental breakfast was so deluxe! They had so many choices even for our kids who can be picky eaters. Great service too! Thank you!! We were there for a race and it was close to the race for us.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

When I read that this hotel was in the Catalina Foothills, I thought that meant northern Tucson/south side of the Catalinas. Instead, it is on the north side of the Catalinas, at least 10 miles north of where I thought it would be. My bad for not looking more closely at a map. I wouldn't even call this "Tucson." It's north of Tucson, north of Oracle, in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it burb called Catalina. It's relatively convenient to Catalina State Park, but horribly out of the way for just about everything else the area has to offer (unless you're among the few who find Biosphere 2 interesting). The room itself was fine--it was clean, the bed was comfortable enough. But the property's east/west orientation can't take advantage of the mountain views to the southeast. If you have the bad luck of having a room on the west side of the property, enjoy the view of the storage facility next door. Another huge disadvantage of the boondocks-esque location is an appalling lack of restaurants. The Italian place that the hotel clerk recommended was out because I didn't see anything appealing on its menu that didn't have gluten in it. There's a McDonald's, a BBQ place, and a couple of Mexican restaurants. While the rates for this Best Western are considerably lower than its in-town sisters, just under $100 (including tax) is a ridiculously high price for a hotel with so little to recommend it.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room on the east side/front of the hotel. If that is not an option and they put you on the west side, at least get a 2nd floor room. That way you can look over the roof of the storage facility, beyond the RV park (or whatever it is) and see some lumpy looking hills in the distance.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank momsroo
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We were spending the week up in Sedona, but decided to stay overnight in Tuscon to see it thoroughly. This hotel is north of Tuscon, which seemed like a nicer area than in town. There
is one of most every restaurant you would want within 3 miles. (except Panera bread, oddly).

Since we were there only 1 night, I cannot speak to any of the amenities - our room was fine and roomy - did not notice any noise, but then how many people were there in the middle of January?!

So--no complaints.

Room Tip: no elevator - so get a first floor room if stairs are an issue
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Why you should stay here: it's cheap and you can stay with your dogs. ALL other cheaper Tucson motels are waaayyyy worse! Trust me! But this place is not that hot. My number one complaint would be listening to sex from the neighbors'. I really thought someone was playing a practical joke it was so theatrical-- but unfortunately it was disgustingly real. When we checked out, we were walking away from the desk when I asked my husband if he'd gotten my $100 cash pet deposit back. "No". We returned to the desk and requested our money back. The clerk at the desk reluctantly went to check the room for damage, finding none, I got my $100 back-- but what if I forgot!!!!

Room Tip: I dunno...ask for the room where you don't hear people having sex.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Where to begin well in general the hotel is very nice but the only complaint I have is if you don't want to listen to your neighbors having sex well then do not stay here the bloody walls are so paper thin it is not even funny I can here the neighbors in the next room talking at even normal levels but the rest of my stay other than that was fine . bed was great , shower was great , front desk staff ( Jade ) was fantastic she was so polite and accomodating i was she worked for me

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo