“Don't stay here!”

Frontier Motel
Ranked #103 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I and my family had went out to Tucson because we had a family emergency. ..Little did I know it was going to be an overnight stay. I had to get a hotel for the night and choose to go with this one. Seemed quite where we could get rest overnight. I checked in the office, smelled of dirty clothes! I knew it was a bad sign but we were exhausted so I booked it. Gentleman in front did not know too much English. After sorting things out we got the Key. Went to the room and first smell was as if a cat was rotting!Found the light switch and floor was very dirty, no vacuumed in days it seemed. The beds looked decent....pulled up blankets to check for bugs, no bugs but stains everywhere! Red stains, yellow stains...yuk! Yellow dirty pillows underneath clean white cases. There was an earring on the night stand...don't know if it was a hookers? 4 bibles in the room with dust. Bathroom was in terrible condition with leaks and dirty towels. The only thing that was okay is the swamp cooler, blew cold. Let's just say we did not sleep that night. Miserable place. Pool was green also, not that we were gonna swim. Do not stay waste of money/time. Surprised this place is still running.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank SuperB86
Harry P, Manager at Frontier Motel, responded to this review, February 15, 2016
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
yourtown
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a great historic property! Tucson is what it is, an OLD western town, and this property represents just that. For the age of the buildings, they are well kept enough to get your $30-35 a night stay. However old, they room are clean and everything worked just fine. Satelite TV and free Wi-Fi bring us back to the 21st century. The pool is very nice and very clean! I like how it tucked way in the back, away from looky-lous and gawkers. The parking is cool in that they have covered parking! What national chain provides that? Some guests can even park right in front on the door. The staff and owners are good people. When I checked in, they immediately upgraded me to the king room with a kitchenette! The customer service is great, and the owners walk the premises occasionaly to provide added extra security. Thank you Frontier Motel, I had A Great Stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ddsumo
Harry P, Manager at Frontier Motel, responded to this review, February 15, 2016
Dear DDSumo. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you
enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.
tucson
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We live locally in Tucson but were having some remodeling done on our bathroom, we had NO SHOWER at home, so decided to rent a room to take a shower. I called the office and the gentlemen was very nice, HOWEVER we were gave a room that HAD BEEN USED, AND WAS NOT CLEAN!!!! The beds were all messed up, the sink was dirty, and the shower was disgusting!!!! I was afraid to touch anything!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bobbie d
Harry P, Manager at Frontier Motel, responded to this review, February 15, 2016
Thank you for your review. I am very happy that the staff was welcoming. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your room. This has been communicated to housekeeping. Thank you.
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at Frontier Motel for a week last March. It has tile roofs and stucco design, and while the rooms were not remodeled, they are honest and the price is cheap. I loved it. I had a view of the mountains and the location is good as well. In fact, for part of the week a film crew was there, filming a movie. Imagine visiting Tucson in the fifties... here you are. But do not expect plush and expensive, go elsewhere for that.

Room Tip: choose a room that faces East, the sun warms you the minute you step out the door, even in winter