“Good scallops”
Review of PY Steakhouse

PY Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
PY Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 2,047 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mark Road
Transit: Located along the lovely and scenic Valencia Road, public tranportation is located on site.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a nice, elegant hotel restaurant. I really enjoyed the scallops. And the prices were more affordable than I was expecting, which was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I try not to be too critical of fine restaurants, hoping that perhaps I just had a bad night, but when I really do not think I have received a halfway decent meal I must state so. For starters, my escargot was prepared in some strange stew like form with tastless artichoke floating among the escargot. The flavor was bland and somewhat on the rubbery side. Next, the Caesar salad dressing was very bland and did not even taste like Caesar dressing. The Romaine lettuce was what I would normally cull from my own salads as it was brown on the ends and was mostly the hard stalk portion of the leaf. Fortunately, my Guaymas Jumbo Shrimp entree was fairly decent in flavor and the shrimp were quiet large. The creamy spinach side was good also. All in all, the meal was forgettable. I would like to point out that our server, Blanchie, was very attentive towards our table and we never once had to wait for anthing that we required. She was the best part of the evening.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Loved the food: the plating, texture, color, and taste all came together in a piece of culinary artistry. What more can I say?

1  Thank klperi
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was our first trip to PY in Casino del Sol. We've eaten at steakhouses in casinos and found most of them average at best. PY is the exception; it is a wonderful steakhouse and once you step inside the restaurant, you don't even remember you're in a casino. Attractive, modern setting. From the moment we sat down, the service was exemplary; they took excellent care of us without being overbearing. The bread basket (and I don't even eat bread!) was unique with several varieties of creative offerings, proving that bread baskets don't have to be boring. The steak tartare app was quite good. I had the small filet and my husband had the ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly and the portion sizes seemed to be larger than what was indicated on the menu. The sides including creamed spinach were tasty and very fresh.

While it is pricier than other steakhouses in Tucson, the meal was very good and the atmosphere and service were a step above most steakhouses. Even if you visit for just a special occasion, it is a very good choice.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The meal and service were outstanding. The three of us each had different Tapas and Entrees, all were excellent. I had the PY Mesquite Smoked Salmon tapas, 3 ounces of delicious salmon and for the entree was Roasted Double Thick Berkshire Pork Chop, the other entrees were Seared Diver Scallops and Jumbo Guaymas Shrimp, the Tapas were Robiola Bosina and Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Dates. No room for dessert, next time I'll go lighter on the delicious molasses bread so I'll have room for dessert. Please check their hours before you go.

Been to PY Steakhouse? Share your experiences!