“Better every time”
Review of PY Steakhouse

PY Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
PY Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 2,042 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mark Road
Transit: Located along the lovely and scenic Valencia Road, public tranportation is located on site.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our third time eating at this restaurant. All three times we have been blown away by how great the staff is. From the hosts, to the waiters/waitresses, to the sommelier(s), everyone is just fantastic. It is definitely a nicer restaurant, and my husband and I like to dress up to visit, but we have seen people in shorts and very casual attire :/ dining there. This most recent visit, our waitress, Molli, was perfectly attentive and helpful. She was very friendly, and again demonstrated why we love the staff here so much: despite the place being so upscale, the staff is so warm and welcoming and ready to talk and joke with you, if you give them a window to. They respond well to their customers, and I have seen the same server adjust their demeanor for different tables to suit the atmosphere/attitudes of those they are serving.. I think that's pretty cool and customer service at it's best. My husband never wants to eat anything but the short ribs and fingerling potatoes (I think its seasonal for the summers, however), it is truly an impressive meal. This time I had the rack of lamb with sweet potatoes - it was perfectly cooked and delicious! They have an extensive wine list with more reasonably priced bottles than I have seen on anyone else's menus! We are always surprised when the bill comes, fully expecting to pay much more for a mid-priced bottle of wine and such incredible food... The value is outstanding! HIGHEST RECOMMENDATIONS!! P.S... on 8/17/2013, there is a wine tasting dinner... Make your reservations, its going to be amazing!! I got some details from the Head Sommelier and it sounds incredible!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Yes, we know this is one of Tucson's only multi-star restaurants so we were truly excited to eat there for the first time. Unfortunately, it was just ordinary. There was nothing really terrible but nothing really excellent either.

Casino del Sol is a beautiful venue and Py is certainly convenient if you're attending a concert in the AVA Amphitheatre there as we were. The restaurant is rather small -- not "intimate small" with romantic nooks and crannies -- just small. There are no windows and, therefore, no view, but this is a casino after all.

The service was excellent, competent, polite and prompt. The prices were quite high, or as my husband says, "directly proportional to the perceived prestige of the location." Perry ordered the Veal Oscar, one of his all-time favorites, and it was mediocre. I ordered the scallops and they were mundane. The cocktails were garden variety.

Again, the staff did nothing wrong, but the whole experience was simply commonplace. Perhaps we were expecting too much after reading about all the stars from AAA and Forbes.

In math, pi = 3.14149. That's our rating for Py.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a Birthday special dinner there on Saturday night. It is a casino but if you park in the park garage and walk a short distance to the entrance, it is right there. No smoke in restaurant. Great presentation and service.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The scallops were cooked to perfection and the prime rib was outstanding. They have a new Pastry Chef who created dessert just for us and it was awesome. You Have to go!!!!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This steakhouse is in the Casino Casa del Sol and was a pleasant surprise. We've been on a roadtrip eating at ok places but nothing upscale. We tried to book this on Open Table but was told it was booked. We decided to go to the casino anyway and we booked a reservation at the restaurant when we arrived. (so much for Open Table). My ribeye was great as was my very large baked potato! My wife ordered excusively off the " sides list" and enjoyed a great vegetarian meal for only $5/side. Wine list by the glass was short and reasonable. Service was good.

Been to PY Steakhouse? Share your experiences!