“Nice lil gem”

The Tasteful Kitchen
Ranked #45 of 2,048 Restaurants in Tucson
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We're an independently-owned & operated restaurant & caterer. We have a passion for cooking & sharing outstanding gourmet vegetarian cuisine made with love.
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Haven't visited many vegetarian/vegan places but this was probably the best one I have checked out. Started out with an Asian salad that was not overdressed, allowing each ingredient to stand out. The owner actually took my order so I asked her suggestion for dinner. She recommended the eggplant ratatouille. I took her suggestion and was glad I did. It was excellent. For the first time ever, I enjoyed something with quinoa. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I absolutely loved the food there, especially the vegan cheesecake for dessert ! The place is small and cozy, although a little more light wouldn't hurt! It was a little expensive for what it was, but the food was still amazing !

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Awesome vegetarian food with lots of vegan, gluten free and raw/vegan choices. The portions are very generous and everything on the menu is fantastic. The family who owns it, is just terrific. An absolute treat to eat here!

1  Thank RebeccaA675
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I loved that we could bring our own bottle of wine to drink. The food was the best vegan I have ever had. I had the Ratatouille and my friend had a salad...we were both in heaven! I liked it so much I had my birthday dinner there with 10 friends! And I'm a carnivore! I look forward to many more meals here.

2  Thank Linda F
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This food is so intelligently, lovingly and knowledgeably prepared. It's a JOY to eat. And it leaves you feeling terrific. Next day included. This is our big treat to eat here. Thank you thank you to the chef and owner. This place is a gift to anyone who sets foot it in it IMHO. BTW it's sound-proofed so that it's always quiet. You can't hear the other customers. It is a fabulous place for good conversation over a meal.

3  Thank handsacross