“New York comes to Tucson”

The Tasteful Kitchen
Ranked #50 of 1,977 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We're an independently-owned & operated restaurant & caterer. We have a passion for cooking & sharing outstanding gourmet vegetarian cuisine made with love.
Tucson, Arizona
“New York comes to Tucson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

I love healthy veggie restaurants and I ama fussy world traveler who goes to similar restaurants weekly....This place tops my list. Hands down the best not only in Tucson possibly the country right now.....it is like dining in the home of a world class vegan/veggie chef. If God is truly in the details then he lives here for sure. From the quality of all of the fresh organic vegetables to the artistic display of the meals combined with the staff who lives the Vegan life topped off with the coziest ambience and surroundings with walls abounding with local talented artists work. I just can't say enough about this place. Subtle tastes in every dish with accented uniquely made sauces you just can't get food like this. Tucson is blessed by this talented crew!

2 Thank FinnieF

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Great decor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Living social introduced me to the Tasteful Kitchen. I am not known to be a vegetarian but I do enjoy quality culinary delights. They offered a full course meal for $25 which was well worth the money. They also have a tasty offering of non-alcholic drinks which adds to the ambience of a nice evening out. I must say however, the grand finale was definitely the carrot cake! YUM! If you lean in the direction of 'meaty' meals, then this is not the place for you but if you have a sweet tooth - well worth the trip just to sample the carrot cake! Call ahead to ensure they offer it.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank luckr76
Tucson, Arizona
“Elegant, Upscale Vegetarian Restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

A friend and I tried out The Tasteful Kitchen for dinner and we were wowwed!!!. I have heard about this restaurant and after some personal confusion realized it is only open for dinner Wednesday through Sunday. So with reservations in hand we set off to find this little gem. The building is actually easy to find, as the street number is well lit and the building is a stand alone restaurant. There is a large, free parking lot next to the restaurant.

The building is inviting and welcoming and offers a wonderful haven on an unusually cold Tucson evening. There are about 15 tables lining the tastefully painted walls of the restaurant, some for 4 and some for 2. There is also a room next door for larger groups or private parties. The walls are filled with wonderful local artwork, that we were told changes seasonally. The tableclothes and linen napkins are not what you normally expect in a vegetarian restaurant, but why not. Just because we are eating veggies doesn't mean we don't deserve the niceties of fine dining. And this was definitely fine dining.

The hostess/server is one of the sister-owners who graciously settled us in and told us a little about the restaurant and the art adorning the walls She told us about the building, their catering business turned restaurant as well as cooking classes and other options for utiliing this wonderful space. You could tell this is a labor of love for her and her sister.

The menu had a great deal to offer. Vegetarian, vegan and raw options, as well as gluten free possibilities were all presented in the menu. Since there were too many things to choose from and I did not want to miss anything that looked good, my friend and I chose to share three dishes and just take home leftovers. This worked out great as we each found favorites among the 3 dishes. We also had enough left overs for lunch the next day.

The service was gently and relaxing, no rushing around forcing us to eat and leave to free up the table. This was truly a wonderful experience. The food is excellent, cooked to order, so brought out in the order that it was prepared. It was piping hot and delicious. We had a very leisurely meal marveling at everything we tasted. The restaurant was almost full, which might seem unusualy on a Wednesday evening. We were told that for Saturday and Sunday it is best to have a reservation. They do take reservations and I would suggest making one. I have been told on the weekends they can fill up quickly.

This is a great option for people wanting a meat free meal. The food is very good and can be hardy enough, that you won't miss the animal protein. The desert menu looked great, but we decided to skip the sweets this time around. Again with the desert menu there were options for vegan, gluten free and raw, so everyone could indulge and be happy.

I will definitely return, and hope to bring other friends who are open for a delightly vegetarian meal.

I have recently read the "yelp" reviews and was surprised that people had negative comments about the service. We found it to be very attentive, yet not overly annoying. My friend and I had a nice talk with one of the owners about the restaurant as well as about the catering business. She was very helpful with the choices and could not have been friendlier. So go know how some people react.

• Visited December 2011
Tucson, Arizona
“fabulous vegan food and great owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I checked out this out-of-the-way place for my birthday. I don't know how we'd never heard of it before. I had the fixed price 4-course meal.......it wasn't served with juices, as I was expecting, but it was fabulous. My husband, an avowed carnivore, loved the food as well. The prices are beyond reasonable and the intimate environment inviting. Rivaling the food are the two sisters who own The Tasteful Kitchen--friendly and interesting. We'll be going back, for sure, and taking company with us

• Visited December 2011
Oro Valley, Arizona
“A Tucson Vegan Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

If you're looking for quality vegetarian cuisine in Tucson, this little gem will satisfy your tastes. Hidden in a nondescript, little building near downtown, which you enter from the back, the restaurant exudes a colorful, cozy, artsy atmosphere.
Meals vary, according to the whims of the chef, one of two sisters, who own the restaurant. Recently, we enjoyed the four-course Thanksgiving Dinner. Every meal starts with a unique juice and a small plate of dip and raw veggies. Following that, is a soup, and then a salad with a different juice. This time the entree choices were a baked, stuffed acorn squash or sliced portabello mushroom with mashed potato and gravy. Desserts consisted of three choices, from which we chose the tasty apple crisp, topped with a vegan whipped creme.
The Tasteful Kitchen is only open for dinner on certain days and reservations are advised. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2011