“Sushi Could Not Match Amazing Service and Atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Bushi Traditional Japanese and Asian Cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Sushi Could Not Match Amazing Service and Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Strangely, I loved everything about this establishment except the sushi. The atmosphere and vibe were open and inviting. The restaurant clean and airy. The service was pleasant and leisurely-paced. I love it that here in Tucson miso soup and edamame often come with the meal, as opposed to having to pay extra. Both the miso and the edamame were tasty - and we arrived for Happy Hour - so both the sushi and sake were very reasonably priced. Sadly, the sushi was just mediocre. I'm not sure I can put my finger on why - I just know that this area has serious sushi competition, and I expected to be amazed. I was only sad, however, since everything was so perfect here, aside from the main reason I stopped in: the sushi.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

it is closed now. now sushi place. We were so sad as we loved it and we felt so sad that they had not done that well and also crowded out by we suspect the rich Chinese, Hibachi buffet.

Visited December 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“A great surprise, delicious food hidden in banal decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We love Japanese food therefore we are a bit difficult. My husband had discovered this hidden gem on a visit 2 month before and wanted to take me too. Both times were perfect. Attentive service and very good food, especially warm entrees. We took non connoisseur and they liked it too since it proposes a menu beyond the typical sushi-sashimi. Bulgogi (marinated beef on a hot plate) and Hamachi Kama (yellowtail) were our favorites.

• Visited February 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Love their chicken katsu~!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Had lunch,only $6.99 for chicken katsu~!! It's so crispy on the outside tender inside~!! So yummy~!! I love the soup too~!!

“JUST OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Not the worst, but not the best. Miso soup too salty, some really weird sushi ingredients--decent tempura. Would not go back.

• Visited February 2012