All reviews texas roadhouse front desk sierra vista extra towels choose this hotel walking distance hot items free breakfast would stay here again other hotels excellent stay yogurt outdoor pool room key easy access shower head hot breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Just passing through. Great location off I10. Dinner at Cracker Barrel and great night of rest. Bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was delish.

Check-in was very good. too.

Four hotels here; we chose this one and very pleased. No complaints from us.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Words cannot express how comfortable and at home I feel whenever I am in Comfort Inn & Suites located at 8425 N Cracker Barrel Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743. It is sad seeing the review by Jennifer C. as it is completely opposite of what my experiences are over the long period of times I do stay there (6 months, 3 months periods, etc). 8425 N. Cracker Barrel Rd has become my second home in the past few years and for anyone reading this, I want you to know that this is not a paid for review either in favor or support of Comfort Inn & Suites or in defense of Choice Hotels but my own expression of how I feel and have always felt.

For me, I think saying I am home whenever I am at Comfort Inn & Suites is exactly what it is. I always feel welcomed, supported and assisted by everyone top -down. I feel, strongly that the staff all go out of their comfort zones to deliver beyond simple imaginations and expectations. And to be fair to both Comfort Inn & Suites and Choice Hotels, as you are booking, before you confirm your booking, if you have checked the details of your booking you actually would have seen that info that the Pool is closed for remodeling. So am not sure whose fault it is that you did not get to see that until you got to the front desk.

For me, despite knowing that there are cheaper hotels like Super 8 and Days Inn, I choose to go to Comfort Inn & Suites simply because of how reliable their services have been over the years. Not only me, I do come here with a lot of other people that can make the choice to go elsewhere but instead everyone settles for Comfort Inn & Suites as a result of how comfortable we are with their services and customer relationship.

I am not only talking about the front desk staff or the manager, Sagui, or the owner, everyone of the staff members in Comfort Inn & Suites I have ever had the chance to talk to or deal with has come across as very professional and willing to assist as much as they can and at all times, I have been satisfied beyond expectations.
These staff often go out of their own comfort, to my experience, to make sure that you get what you want. An example for me is the issues I have with Choice Hotels regarding some points for which Comfort Inn & Suites has no business with, but they stepped in to ensure that my issues are resolved and that I enjoy the benefits that should accrue to me. I honestly can't thank them enough. Jennifer, Choice Hotels always sends me emails to review after my stay. May be you should check your spam/junk folder for such emails and/or check your account to ensure that your email address is correct. I am sorry you had to write that but my experiences have been very different and I can of feel sad that you had to write what you did and I assure you, I am not doing this in defense of anyone or to make you feel bad. I am only a customer just like you who wants the best at all times. But my experience has always been fantastic and I hope you have much better experiences than I do in the future.

Room tip: Excellent Views and very quiet at all times.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

since choice hotel has not sent me the link for a review i will write it here.

The hotel has the pool closed for remodel until July 30th. I really think this is something they should disclose on the hotels website before you make a non refundable hotel reservation. We booked the room through choice hotel website not a third party, and no mention at all. And I truly understand remodels must happen, but why would you choose to do this in Marana Arizona when it is 110 degrees outside. And then not tell guest until the check in and see the sign at the front desk. We live in the area, and decided to get away from the heat for a night and check into this hotel and enjoy the pool. Well that did not happen. And I want to warn others of this since choice hotel doesn't find it important to tell people this. If I would have known this I would have stayed elsewhere.

The customer service was shaky at best. Not a single mention was made of our elite platinum status with the chain from mamy many hotel stays. Once we checked in and got over the fact we could not take the kids swimming as promised. The room we where in had no WiFi signal. Worked in the hall but not the room. I went to the front desk to ask what to do, and she called the people who handle there WiFi and after a long phone tree I asked her if she could just move us to a different room, she did move us. The next morning upon check out the morning girl asked why we had moved rooms. I explained what had happened and her reply was "oh so the WiFi works everywhere just not your room, uh huh, did you just want a bigger room" no I didn't want a bigger room I wanted WiFi and a pool both amenities you offer to your guest.

BEFORE YOU MAKE A RESERVATION AND YOU WANT TO USE THE POOL CALL AND MAKE SURE IT IS OPEN. You will not know it until it's too late otherwise.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Sagui B, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Dear Mrs. C.,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts regarding your most recent stay at our property. To be honest we were a little surprised to see you again after your last review from August 2017 in which you clearly stated, “We will make it a point never to stay at this property again”. We are happy that you decided to give our hotel another chance, but we are sorry you had such a terrible experience this time as well. Perhaps in the future, you will wish to find a property that is more suited to your satisfaction. As you stated in your 2017 review, “there are plenty of other hotels along this street” which we are sure would be thrilled and delighted to have your business and look forward to your reviews.

Since you have devoted so much time and effort to sharing your opinions of our property, we shall attempt to do likewise in order to address your various concerns.
First and foremost, when your husband checked-in, he was greeted in a friendly and courteous manner, as are all of our guests regardless of their Privileges Membership status. We apologize if our desk agents didn't specifically acknowledge your status. Most of our guests don't care either way, but we do understand that some like to have their Privileges status acknowledged and flaunted by the staff.

Secondly, we originally planned our pool renovations for a much more convenient time, but these plans were pushed back due to delays with some of our other renovations. In addition, there is an alert regarding the pool renovations posted on the Choice Hotels website, however the powers that be who are in charge of such website updates saw fit to place it in a most inconvenient and hard-to-find location on the website. If we had any control over the situation, the pool renovation alert would have been placed front and center so that everybody could easily find it, however as this is not the case we do apologize for the the alert’s unfortunate placement and the inconvenience this caused you and your family.

Speaking of your family, we happened to notice that you had reserved a room with a single king bed for one person when in reality there were two adults and at least one child in your party. While this tactic does save money (and believe us, we have seen this many, many, many times before), doing so creates a safety liability which our property cannot afford.

Lastly, after reviewing the incident with the desk agent, we have determined that your record of the conversation was not quite accurate. The front desk agent acknowledges that she did ask you for the name or room number when you came to check-out, and then stated that you told her about the room change and explained about the WIFI not working in the first room, although it had worked in the hallway. The front desk agent commented that if was funny that the WIFI would work in the hallway but not in the room, but at no time did she say or insinuate that you had used the WIFI as an excuse to get an upgrade.To do so would be a huge breach of professionalism, and it is something we simply would not do. The desk agent also asked you if the WIFI worked in the second room and you said yes, it did, and the front desk agent was glad to hear this because providing each of our guests with the best service and customer satisfaction is a front desk agent’s primary concern. Again, nothing was said to accuse or insinuate an ulterior motive on your point regarding the room upgrade, and we apologize if any of the desk agent's comments came across as such. This was certainly not her intention.

Once again, thank you for giving our property another chance. We are sorry that we were still unable to meet your standards and expectations despite our diligent and painstaking customer service. We wish you and your family the best of luck in finding future accommodations that are more to your liking.

The “Shaky” Customer Service Agent
Comfort Inn and Suites, Front Desk

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night on Saturday June 16th. Had been on the road for 8 days with my father coming all the way from CT. From the moment we walked in, we felt overwhelmingly welcomed by sagui. She spent the time to chat with us about our road trip and what we were planning to do in the area. She even drew us a map to get to old tucson without taking the highway! She absolutely went above and beyond in making our stay special. I cannot thank her enough for making two weary travelers feel amazing. It was the best night we have had so far out of many.
For hotel benefits, they had real towels! Only people who travel a lot will understand - these are no regular hotel towels! Also, the breakfast was fantastic. The best complimentary breakfast I have had on the road in a long time. Cybill in the morning was very nice and attentive to all of our breakfast needs.
CHOOSE THIS HOTEL!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Sagui B, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

It was an absolute pleasure speaking with you. We take pride in meeting our guest needs and would like to thank you very much for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites in Marana. Next time your in our area please give me a call personally. Have a great day.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights while back in town visiting family and really enjoyed this hotel. Check in was fast and the staff was very friendly. The room was nicely appointed, quiet, and the bed was extremely comfortable. There are many shops and restaurants around the area which help out a lot.

There is construction in the area, so if you're not familiar with tucson, it can get a bit hectic but I had no problems as I knew where to go. It is a heavy traffic area regularly so that probably adds to the confusion for some.

I didn't partake in breakfast but it looked and smelled delicious.

This was a great stay and I would definitely come back on my next trip back home to tucson.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Sagui B, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Mr. True,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Our staff works tirelessly to provide the best, friendliest customer service and the most comfortable experience for each of our guests, and we are very happy to hear that you were satisfied.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Tucson, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!