“Excellent location and fantastic manager and staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #72 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times since Comfort Inn took over and updated a former Best Western. It is across the street from a Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse and within walking distance to several other good nearby restaurants. It's only a 15-minute walk to a large Wal-Mart
This time I was traveling with a three-piece band which had their equipment in a small trailer attached to my pickup. Since we were worried about lhe safety of the equipment being so close to a major Interstate, manager Sagui Barrow placed us in a room with a direct view of the truck and trailer and even allowed us to park under the covered entranceway in full view of the 24-hour desk. The morning breakfast served nearly anything you ever wanted, and the motel was very clean and staff was extremely helpful both nights we stayed there. I make many trips to Tucson each year and always stay at this Comfort Inn. I have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Check out the room which was assigned to you. If you do not like it, the desk clerk will do his/her...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this place total of 5 months due to business. Entire Hotel staffs are very kind and friendly. Clean hotel with free descent breakfast served. Location was great. Most of the restaurants were near by and walking distance. Recommend to get the room window facing the parking lot. Room window not facing the Interstate 10. It's not the car noise, but freight train goes by often. But, definitely recommend this place. Thank you very much for making my stay pleasant, Sagui (Mgr of the hotel).

Room Tip: Rooms with window facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

my family stayed 2 nights in a king suite. The sofa bed wasnt that nice for 2 to share so we made a small bed up on the bedroom floor for my young son. This worked well because we could put him to bed and relax in the living area. The outdoor pool was used by my elder daughter and she loved it. The breakfast room was large and a good selection. Water, apples and cookies available all day. Next to the freeway and railway but limited noise. Visited the Pima Air and Space museum and Toomstone easily as day trips. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed over night just as a place to stay, it was very clean, comfortable and pleasant. People complained in other reviews about trains never heard one in our room. We were able to walk to dinner with several options Breakfast was plentiful and good. Price was less than others right next door. If I needed to idcstay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for room on west side way from the train tracks never heard any noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelisfun2011
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here due to access to Saguaro NP. It's located just off the highway in a area with three other motels. The motel looks modern and fresh inside and out. Desk clerk insisted on running my credit card even though the room was paid in advance. Other than that there were no problems at check-in or check-out. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. For some reason the room attendant didn't make the bed with the blanket set all the way up so I had to untuck it and pull it up each night. Everything worked in the room (really good A/C) except for the desk chair which didn't seem to want to extend fully. The room door really slammed shut hard and I imagine everyone nearby felt their room shake when it closed. My main complaint was with the lo-flow toilet - these may be OK for an individuals home if they so desire but they don't cut it for a motel. Not only lo-flow but low to the floor. The room would have been quiet at night except for the train whistle which will wake a light sleeper. The breakfast area was clean and the attendant was friendly and efficient. The food is no different than the other three Comfort Inns I stayed at on this trip. I would have rated higher but there were too many small things I didn't like.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelingwestI10
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is located off I-10 and Cortaro Rd which is north Tucson (the area of Tucson where we needed to be). The room was very clean. Yes, there are railroad tracks nearby and we could hear them during the day (although not loud enough to be irritating), I did not hear them at night but my daughter said she did. We asked for a room at the back of the hotel (third floor) and they were able to accommodate our request. We arrived early and were able to check in early. We did not partake of the morning breakfast, so cannot speak to that. The other plus is that it is a 100% NON-smoking hotel--thank you! I have some respiratory issues and it was nice to not have to worry about the stench of cigarette smoke. The front desk people were very nice too.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back of the hotel and top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was clean, yet under par for a comfort we thought, we got the last room available and found it to be just OK. Busy Busy street next to it and the morning goods was far from what a normal comfort offers thats for sure. If you were in NEED I would recommend if not look on.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Holiday Inn Express Marana
#75 of 129 in Tucson
Candlewood Suites Tucson
Candlewood Suites Tucson
#53 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!