All reviewstexas roadhousesierra vistanice hotelsaguaro nphot itemsking suiteexcellent stayyogurtoutdoor poolshower headpleasant stayeasy accessfirst floordeskarizonaproximity
Reviewed July 27, 2007

I was eating the continental breakfast in this nice hotel when my son decided to open and close a door. he wasn't hurting the door, nor was he keeping people from coming in (as a matter of fact, he opened the door for the only other guest that came in). The manager rudely told me to get my child away from the door as he is bothering people. I was resistant and told her that he was fine. She said, "this is not your house" and pushed his hand off the door. At this point, my son did start disturbing the guests by screaming, which she started. She said leave or I am calling the police. So she actually called the police ultimately because my son wouldn't stop opening and closing the door for the few minutes we were trying to eat breakfast. It was a nice hotel, but this woman had a problem with my parenting or something and decided to make an example. That just ruins the entire experience. I am sorry, but if I were disturbing other guests, I would have taken care of the situation before there was ever a request by the manager, but in this case I treated it somewhat like it was my home since I paid to stay there.......

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank frequenttraveler2050
Reviewed May 26, 2007

I am a Best Western Diamond Gold Crown club member.
I stayed at this location in May,and booked directly with J.at the front desk by phone the night before my stay.
I was not told that they had a 24 hour cancel policy.
I arrived at the hotel the next day to try to see if I could cancel,as I needed to be in Benson very early the next morning.
I was greeted by the General Manager,and told of their cancel policy,which was fine. When I told her that I didn't know that I had to be in Benson until 20 min. earlier,in a very patronizing tone she said "well isn't that too bad",she was completely rude the rest of the check in,and even insisted that an inkpen on the counter had to be mine.
I went down an hour ,or so later to get change for the on-site laundry,and asked politely for change,and she gave me a dirty look ,and slammed my change down on the front desk.
If that wasn't enough the next morning at check out,the new front desk guy was hiding a note attatched to my bill,I leaned over the counter,and picked it up,and it was saying how rude I was at check in.
This woman has serious problems,I have looked at reviews on other web sites,and every one is filled with complaints about her.
She obviously has no business being a GM in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bchapman1967
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Well after I had an emergency 13 hour trip to San Diego California to see my mom who needed emergency surgery for cancer I came down with the flu, so I decided to head back home to New Mexico so I wouldn't compound my mom's situation with making her sick or my dad, plus I was staying with friends in San Diego and I didn't want to pass it on to them either, so the next day after my mom's surgery I decided to make the 13 hour trip back even though I felt like crap with the flu. When I got as far as Tucson I felt I couldn't go anymore so I decided to stay at the Best Western that I saw ahead on the freeway. When I checked in I asked for the room which the front desk lady arranged for me, I also told her that I wasn't feeling well and that I came from San Diego about a 6 hour or so drive and that if she could please give me a room that was QUIET since I felt awful. She had a strange look on her face but I said nothing, she then gave me the pass key and told me where it was, I thanked her and started for the room. Please understand me I FELT SICK, to tell you the truth I had been sick for the past day and a half prior to coming there to the hotel, I had a fever and was achey, so when I got to the room I dropped everything and went to bed and tried to sleep and get some rest since I had to make the rest of the trip to Las Cruces , New Mexico the next morning which is about another 6 to 7 hour drive. During the night I got up to use the bathroom and when I turned on the light for the bathroom vanity area there were lots of little bugs all over the sink and vanity area, so I tried to kill them all which was pointless, anyways I used the bathroom and when I went back to bed I noticed there was a FILTHY DIRTY sock next to the bed, I thought about calling the front desk but my body was throbbing and dizzy and I just didn't feel I had the strength to complain and possibly be moved to another room, so I decided to talk to the front desk manager in the morning when I would check out. Well the next morning I got up went to the window to open the drapes for some sunlight in the room and when I did there were the same flying little bugs all over the window sill and on the top of the air conditoner unit, ALOT OF THEM! I then went to the vanity sink area and there were the bugs AGAIN! I had to shave and brush my teeth so I did what I could to clean the area and take care of my business. I took my shower, dressed and headed down to the lobby. Also during the night I noticed that the room door had about a 1" gap along the bottom of the door, door was cut too short for the frame, anyways I headed to the lobby. When I got there I was relieved at first to see that the front desk lady was the same person who had checked me in the previous night. So upon checking out I asked her if the room she gave me had been cleaned by the maids yesterday, she said yes in a curt sort of way , so I tried to explain to her that the reason I was asking was that during the night I had found a FILTHY sock next to the bed and also the overun of bugs on the vanity sink area and the window area. She looked at me with a disapproving look and said "WHY DIDN"T I CALL THEM LAST NIGHT ABOUT THE ROOM"., I told her that because It was later in the night and I had the flu, that I thought I would just talk to someone in the morning. She said" well, there's NOTHING I CAN DO', I said well could I then speak to the Manager, she said " I AM THE GENERAL MANAGER", so I said OH, OK. At that point I felt as though there was no understanding about my situation with her, even after I explained to her that in less than 24 hours I had been driving almost 18 of it when you add it up, plus my mom was in the hospital after her surgery for cancer and that I was sick with the flu which I had explained to her the night I checked in. Honest to god, this "So called GENERAL MANAGER" says to me, "Well I NEVER DO THIS , but I will take 10 percent of your bill,but I DON"T NORMALLY DO THIS" . It was very apparent that she wanted me to know that she was doing me a favor and that she felt I didn't deserve it. After I told her that I had been driving alot and that I had been sick she says" IT'S NO BIG DEAL, SAN DIEGO IS ONLY 4 HOURS AWAY', which is NOT TRUE! Besides I WAS SICK WITH THE FLU,,IT WAS LIKE SHE WASN"T EVEN LISTENING to me, I said it at least four or five times but she still wasnt getting it. I then asked for her card and then I left, still not feeling well, but I had to leave, she had NO HEART and just made me feel worse and aggrivated. My advice to anyone who is traveling thru Tucson Arizona, don't stay at BEST WESTERN pass it by,,,there are alot of nicer , better priced, CLEANER, friendlier staff, hotels there , where your money and your dignity is treated with respect.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank KSDNewMexico
Reviewed October 29, 2005

This hotel is on a street with 5 other motels just off of exit 247 in Tucson. On my way into town I called ahead to reserve and was quoted a rate of $59 per night, but then noticed at least 3 motels along the same stretch of freeway (all well-known national chains with good reputations, equivalent to BW) advertising rooms for $33-$39 per night. When I got to check in the clerk was completely indignant and addressed me like I was a child when I asked, professionally, why I should pay $20 more per night at her hotel than at the others nearby, and could she adjust the rate to be in line with her competitors. A simple "there's nothing I can do about it and I'm sorry we can't do better" would have been fine, but she scolded me for even bringing it up, because I had agreed to the rate on the phone and guaranteed it by credit card. The only reason to guarantee a room is to lock in a _better_ rate than one would if one had just walked in, and to get a _better_ rate than other places nearby. This place obviously employs people not suited to their professions.

3  Thank Resnyc
Reviewed April 16, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Continental Inn for two nights (April 5 & 6, 2005). The first night we had a regular room. The air conditioner wasn't working; we just got outside air circulating in the room. This can be a problem in Tucson in April! We called the front desk, and they offered to move us to another room, but it was a smoking room. We declined. The person at the desk said she would "look into it and get back" to us. She never did. Fortunately for us, it cooled down that night and we were able to sleep decently. But the next day was going to be much hotter, so in the morning my husband went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. She was quite apologetic and offered to move us to a non-smoking suite (at no extra charge). The suite was a large, comfortable room with a large mini-refrigerator, microwave, and an air conditioner that worked. We were very pleased with the room, especially since we were paying $67 per night through bestwestern. The continental breakfast was basic, nothing fancy. There are some nice restaurants nearby. My husband used the exercise room, but it wasn't air conditioned, and after a short time he felt too hot to continue.

• Stayed: April 2005