“WOW- What a great lunch!”
Review of Curry Leaf

Curry Leaf
Ranked #344 of 2,050 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Curry Leaf Indian Restaurant is a family owned restaurant since 2005 that focuses on South Indian food such as Dosa, Idli Sambar, Biriyanis, Curries but also have other North Indian specialties such as Naan, Paalak Paneer, Aloo Gobi, and many other dishes like Tikka Masala, and Kormas. Our lunch specials start from only $6, and dinner entrees start at just $9 and range to $14.
Reviewed February 4, 2014

OK, when you first walk in you might wonder if you should stay. The atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired, there may only be one or two people eating, it is very small....... Each of those thought went through my mind as well, but I took a chance several months ago and am so glad I did. The food in outstanding! I was told they use nothing but fresh ingredients, and believe that to be true. I have been there several times and the lamb curry is my current favorite. My friends have all tried different things there and everyone agrees on the Curry Leaf whenever we are looking for a great lunch at a great price. (It's hard to beat a $5.00 lunch menu) You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We tried this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised. Not a lot of atmosphere, not a large place, not a great location, but the food and the service was good and at a good price.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Tried Curry Leaf instead of our usual Sher-e-Panjab (located just 5 min Drive west) for a change + availability of Dosas (which are not offered at Sher). Terribly regret the decision.

Food was very bland (we ordered medium spicy-which we usually order at Sher), half the portion size AND more expensive than Sher-e-Panjab!!!

Ordered for take out. So couldn't really experience the service or the ambiance per se. But, even for the short while stepping into pick up the food, saw that their ambiance was drab, dated and dark- not at all inviting. The short but service at the cashier though, was ok and polite.

Not going back nor recommend anyone else. Sher-e-panjab will give you much, much better taste + value (not the buffet though) for good Indian food. And if you want better ambiance too, try Saffron Bistro up north.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

While on a shopping trip to Tucson my wife and I happened on a small Indian restaurant called the Curry Leaf. What a surprise, it wasn’t much on decor, but the service was good and the food was superb. We had the vegetable thali with palik paneer, it was the best I’ve ever had. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped in for lunch over the weekend. Had 3 different spicy lunch specials. All were good, portions were fine, service was great. Not a fancy place, no "atmosphere", but that wasn't what we were looking for. Good value, good food & good service. Enjoyed it very much!

Been to Curry Leaf? Share your experiences!