“Good food on an off night (I hope)” 3 of 5 bubbles

La Parilla Suiza
Ranked #309 of 1,971 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve authentic Mexico City Cuisine that's a delightful alternative to other mexican restaurants. The exquisite cuisine of Mexico City is almost a world apart from northern mexican food. All our tacos, meat and cheese dishes are cooked on charcoal or grilled. Here we serve fresh handmade corn tortillas and authentic tangy delicious salsas. La Parrilla Suiza is the Mexico City Cuisine restaurant you can trust must to feed your family.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good food on an off night (I hope)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Good food, slow service. It was not busy yet it seemed an eternity before we got our drinks. The food took awhile, but was very good. The server was friedly, and it is my hope that they were having some staffing issues. I will definitely give it another try. I couldn't help but enjoy it

Tucson, Arizona
“Tortilla soup that rocks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is for the Speedway location. I have been going here since I moved to Tucson 6 years ago. I have been here about 40+ times (crazy I know) and have gotten the tortilla soup with avacado and sour cream about 38 of those times!
The rest of the food I can't rate because I really don't know about it.
The service could be a little better in my opinion. You would think after 40 times they had gotten used to seeing me and would give me my water in a timely manner, but I usually have to wait a little bit. But it won't stop me from going...

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Beckley, West Virginia, United States
“This review is for the original East Speedway location - good Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been eating at this restaurant since the 1980's, and just returned after about 10 years. This is the original Tucson location, though it has been remodeled recently. There is ample parking in the rear. The dining area is Mexican rustic, with an open kitchen. Service is good, and the food is not the typical northern Mexican or Tex-Mex served by most Mexican restaurants. Rather, it is Mexico City style, different than most US Mexican food. Worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank David S
Tucson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome enchiladas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I live very close to Ina location and end eat there monthly. The atmosphere is nice, the ceiling very high, polished wood and mexican accents. Service is quick especially if you come for early dinner/happy hour. The margaritas are to "die for" and never a headache after. The complimentary chips and different flavored salsas tastey. The enchilada dinners are fantasic.
Very good value, even without coupon.

• Visited January 2013
Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin
“Tucson has 23 miles of Mexican restaurants. Why can't we find a good one?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have wintered in Tucson for the last two years and have been looking for a good Mexican restaurant. Saturday night we tried La Parilla Suiza on Oracle as it had been recommended. We thought that we might like Mexican food from Mexico City better than Sonoran. We couldn't tell any difference. The margarita's were so-so. The chips and salsa were mediocre. Jim's meal, flautas #54, was dry and tasteless. My vegetarian meal was okay. The good thing was that the food came to the table hot but the waiters were so anxious to get us fed and out of there that we felt very rushed. The atmosphere was plain and the mariachi band that was scheduled never showed up. The Saturday night atmosphere was not improved by lots of crying babies. We thought we liked Mexican food until we came to Tucson. We haven't found the right restaurant--La Parilla Suiza is not it.

• Visited January 2013