“Polish Food twice in Tucson”
Review of Polish Cottage

Polish Cottage
Ranked #103 of 1,986 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Petersburg, Virginia
“Polish Food twice in Tucson”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hubby was having some travelers GI distress & once again refused to do southwestern food. So I went to trip advisor looking for something he would agree upon. I was stunned to find a Polish restaurant in Tucson & one with great ratings. I am half Ukranian,2nd generation American and from a steel mill town outside of Pittsburgh. I grew up with Polish friends and attended Polka Parties with them at the local PNA. I lived in Germany 5 years and have pages of passport stamps from the Czech Republic & Poland. This girl is an Eastern European food expert. We split a sampler plate with perogies, stuffed cabbage, Kielbasa, hunters stew & a roll. Everything was of great quality. My aunt Kay and the ladies at St Olga's Ukrainian church are only a few who have done better. The roll reminded me of the German brotchen, which I miss. I had the Polish Pilsner beer, it was perfect. My husband was so impressed we went back the next day for lunch to eat the potato pancakes and white sausage and of course the roll/brotchen. Decor was authentic, it was like being in an Eastern European Guest House. Only I have more Polish Pottery, just sayin. the theme of this trip out west has been eating unexpectedly good food and authentic food In unusual places.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank JudyM23692

Chicago
“Great Polish food”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Have eaten at the Polish Cottage twice in the last 10 days, first for lunch and tonight for dinner. The perogis are supurb. The stuffed cabage is excellent. The veal schnitzel is among the best. Be sure not to miss the apple cake...its just wonderful. The menu includes a very good selection of Polish beers too.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bobs850
Reedville, Virginia
“OMG Delicious”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We've never been happier with Trip Advisor since it directed us to this excellent restaurant. We shared the combo plate with a side order of potato pancakes. More than enough for the two of us. Kielbasa, 3 pirogies, hunter stew, a large stuffed cabbage and a hard roll and butter. The pancakes came with applesauce and sour cream. For dessert, blueberry pirogies. I cannot express how good the food was. Total with tax, about $27.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Duke001
Tucson Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,042 helpful votes
“Polish Cottage 2 years later”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Just about 2 years ago, I reviewed the Polish Cottage when it had just opened. Since then, we've had lunch there at least a dozen times. We love the atmosphere, the food, the music and the total unpretentiousness of the place.

Went there yesterday (1/20) for lunch, and this time chose something different from the Farmers' Cheese Pierogis that I love so much. Decided to go for the potato pancakes. First, we each had a cup ($3.50) of the "Pickle Soup", and it was served hot and so delicious. Then, my husband had his usual six "Pierogi with Sauerkraut and Mushrooms" ($7.55) and I, the potato pancakes ($6.99). Surprisingly, they were very bland. The texture and size were perfect, but they, definitely, needed more seasoning. What a disappointment ! Next time, it is back to my Farmer's Cheese Pierogis. We both also had Zywiec Polish Beer.

It was not a cold day, but the fireplace was "lit" and that added so much to the atmosphere. The restaurant was quite crowded, however we were lucky, as someone had just left our favorite table.

We really like this place, and will continue to frequent it, BUT, I still continue to have an issue with the extra charge for sour cream. Pierogi (and so many Eastern European dishes) come naturally with sour cream on the side. Why the .75 cent charge (it's gone up from two years ago) for a 2 ounce ramekin of sour cream? Just something so petty and "not nice" about that ! I think the paper napkins have improved , and are of better quality now.

As for service, well................................a few times, they have had very nice servers especially at the very beginning. Now, service is perfunctory and the minimum necessary. At least, this time, our server (for once) said "goodbye" as we were leaving.

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank NYU62
SEATTLE
“good food”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

6 of us went for lunch and tried the cabbage roll, the smoked sausage the white sausage and the pork cutlet and all were very good. Prices are slightly higher than they should be , but we all want to go back

Visited January 2014