“I could eat here every day!”
Review of Polish Cottage

Polish Cottage
Ranked #96 of 2,003 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Arkansas
“I could eat here every day!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting family and had dinner here. This is a little hole in the wall place but I cannot tell you how delicious the food is. I got the sampler platter and literally said,"mmmm" with every bite. They are family friendly both in atmosphere and the wallet. I wish we had one where I live!

2 Thank besnini

Las Cruces, NM
“Something different”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

While driving down Broadway, we spotted this restaurant in a strip mall and when, later that day, we were looking for something different, we gave it a try. It was a good decision!

Even at 2:00 in the afternoon there were other diners enjoying lunch. The menu was very Polish with pierogis, potato pancakes and kielbasa featured prominently. We shared a mixed order of meat pirogis and cheese pierogis which were outstanding. I had the white kielbasa and my wife had the potato pancakes which the thought rivaled her mothers.

For dessert, I had blueberry pierogos and my wife had strawberry creps which were both yummy

As a heads up, the portions are generous!

As a pleasant aside, I have rarely been in such a spotless restaurant

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank very_weary_traveler3
Tucson
“Total reversal of my previous rating”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Some time ago, I had written a glowing review about this restaurant - food great, service wonderful etc etc. Went there with relatives the other day and was shocked at the change in the food. The Hunters Stew, which used to have several vegetables nicely put together and complementing each other, plus a sausage, now was reduced to a heap of sauerkraut and 1/2 a kielbasa. What's worse, the meal was served with some broken pieces of bay leaf which is downright dangerous as bay leaf does not soften when cooked and its sharp edges can cut the esophagus and stomach causing serious injury. The mixed platter was not as described on the menu, but had substituted items. Others in our party were polite, but clearly unimpressed with their food (except the pirogi which were good).The stuffed cabbage were bland and nearly tasteless and the pork chop as thin as a schnitzel. The waiter did not appear to care about our comments and certainly was not going to say anything to the chef.
The dining experience was a major disappointment and we will not be returning.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Frank J
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great Eastern European Food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the food. Pirogis and Golabki (stuffed cabbage) were delicous. Everything had that homey, home-cooked taste.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Amy W
Gilbert, Arizona
“Exceptional Piroges and Hunter's Stew!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

EXCELLENT FOOD! Get there early! Small Restaurant on Broadway in Strip Mall with Limited Parking. Lots of folks went elsewhere because it was full by 6:30 p.m. (18:30 hours). Service was OK. Nice selection of East European Beers, Polish and Russian Vodkas. I had the Hunter's Stew and my wife the Piroges, both were slightly less than $10 each. My friends had Potato Pancakes and Schnitzel. Everyone agreed that the food was great except the Schnitzel which was just OK. I would have love to have tried the Glumpkies - maybe next time. We shall return.

• Visited August 2013