“Excellent Polish Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Polish Cottage
Ranked #95 of 1,907 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
U.S.A.
“Excellent Polish Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Tried the Polish Cottage for the first time and we were not disappointed. Quaint atmosphere, friendly, efficient service and great Polish food; what’s not to like? It reminded us of several restaurants we dined at while visiting Poland. The soup was excellent; we split the Polish combo plate which included Polish sausage, pierogi, golabki, and hunter’s stew, all very delicious. We also had an order of potato pancakes which were excellent. We complimented the meal with an ice cold Polish beer. All meals were fairly priced although we felt the Polish beer was on the expensive side. If you like Polish/East European cuisine don’t miss this restaurant. Highly recommended.

1 Thank gkuta

New York City, New York
“Home made, delicious with friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We made two stops for late lunch while visiting Tucson. The pretty place offers delicious home style cooking and friendly service. The soups were awesome as was the Polish lunch platter which offered a little bit if everything. The stuffed cabbage was awesome.

• 3 of 5 stars
gorgeous hudson valley
“What a great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Decided while on our trip to Phoenix to stay in Tucson for a Padre game. On the way to the hotel, we found The Polish Cottage....what a thrill.......We had both soups, the borscht and the pickle soup, shared a combination platter and an order of potato pancakes. Washed it down with a Polish Beer and life is good....good to know they are expanding! For only being in business a year and half and expanding says a lot about the business. They are also going to serve breakfast. As soon as I heard that, I pictured a platter of scrambled eggs with Keilbasa mixed in and pierogies on the side, maybe a little horseradish too. yummmm...
I was so taken with the food and atmosphere that when the Sous Chef walked out, I had to hug her! Hopefully my pictures will tell you more than a thousand words of how good things were.
Thinking back, and if I could, I would hop on a plane and make the 6 hour ride to here from New York, yeah, it's that good.

Tucson, Arizona
“Delightful & Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place is a charmer once you step inside, with very friendly and helpful staff. I've always been a sucker for atmosphere that matches my food, and it did not disappoint from the decor to the music. We ordered the stuffed cabbage, potato pancakes, cucumber side dish and pierogies to share. The stuffed cabbage melts in your mouth. It is so satisfying. The potato pancakes and cucumbers were also delicious, and my mother noted that they were just like her grandmother used to make, she was very pleased. You can order the pierogi in different mix and match quantities, which we really liked. They were amazing! I had never had a sweet cheese filling before, and those were particularly to die for. The service was just outstanding, and what a friendly bunch. It was a truly delightful experience, and I can't wait to go back and try some more.

1 Thank Vivacite7
Phoenix, Arizona
“Completely Satiated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My fiance and I tried this on our third night in Tucson on a visit from Phoenix. Partly because of the reviews on this site and partly due to it's location near the hotel. We could not have been more pleased.

We had the combo appetizer and Bison Perogies which were a special for the evening. Everything had a "melt in your mouth" quality. The perogies, cabbage roll, hunter's stew and sausage all tasted like something grandma would make. That is, tasting so good that neither of us would have hope of coming close in our own kitchen. Can't say enough good about the food.

For desert, I was completely surprised to find that they offered Strawberry Perogies for dessert. This is a dish I never thought I would see again since the death of my buddy's grandma, born and raised in Krakow. Like the apple cake, they perfectly balanced sweet and savory in an after dinner dish with a flavor that continues to develop even after you swallow what's in your mouth.

Their alcohol selection features the best of what Poland has to offer with an amazing selection of 550mL bottles at $5.50 apiece. Their beer selection is supplemented with an array of vodka's I'd challenge the reader to find anywhere else.

To top it off, the service was knowledgeable, prompt and courteous even with a waiter in training in tow.

This is a first class operation that rivals much, much more expensive establishments in satisfaction.