“Wonderful Polish Food!”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a surprise to find this jewel of an ethic restaurant in Tucson. Coming from the Chicago area where we are used to very good Polish food, we were delighted to find the Polish Cottage here.

Their reasonably priced food is fresh, with generous servings, a nice variety and very tasty! Excellent service, nice selection of Polish beer and vodka and friendly staff.

We live almost an hour away and it is worth the trip to eat at the Polish Cottage.

6  Thank esgazgram

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went here with a group of about 20 neighbors. What a pleasant surprise! Clean, neat, and good Polish food. Being Poiish and coming from Chicago I was just a little sceptical about going, but what a surprise. I had Bigosm the Polish national dish, and it was good. Nice selection of Eastern European wines and reasonable prices. Friendly staff and good service given the size of our group. I will be back for pierogi to be sure

3  Thank gastrnome
Reviewed November 5, 2012

So cute, makes you feel welcome and warm, Agnes and her family do a wonder full job and the food is Great, just like being home where there was a Polish neighboorhood and great food always,, Go enjoy you will love the food the service was Great.

4  Thank Yankeefan27
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My Polish grandma passed away before I was born, but I bet she cooked like this. We took my cousin, whose Polish mother was a great cook, to Polish Cottage for his birthday. He has been raving about this place for a long time. We sampled all four kinds of main dish pierogi on the menu, and I want to go back tomorrow and have them again! Got the caramelized onions on top--yum. Also ordered the golabki (cabbage rolls), which were good. My cousin said the hunter's stew is a favorite of his. Next time we'll try the beet soup, which he also recommends. Apple cake came as a complimentary birthday dessert, and now I have to go on the Internet and try to find a recipe for it, because my husband says it's the best dessert he's ever eaten. (Matthew, our waiter, said it was his grandmother's recipe and is very complicated to make; I believe it.) The outside had a crust like cake, but the inside was full of soft apples, like a pie. The flavor was outstanding. We also had a strawberry and a blueberry pierogi--that sounds weird, but they were good, too. I think the flavors change seasonally. While in a strip mall and nothing fancy, the restaurant has bright blue walls with lots of Polish decorations, including clothing in a glass case, nesting dolls, and books on Poland. The music ranged from rock-n-roll to ballads--all sung in Polish. Matthew offered to answer any of our questions, and recommended beer based on preferences ("I like something light, like Hefeweisen") since the Polish brands were totally unfamiliar. The beers come in large bottles and were judged very good. All in all this was a great place to eat and we will definitely return.

6  Thank FoodyMama
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nice clean, colorful and authentic decorated place that has been open for about one year. The waiter did a good job looking after every customer while being very friendly to all. Unfortunately, the food left something to be desired. While the portions were well sized and the prices were low, the flavors were somewhat missing. In summary:
Pork cutlet was good.
Pierogis were dry, ordered 8 with onions and sour cream, received 6 with nothing and 2 with onions and sour cream. Had to look real hard to find any onions.
White borsch was way too salty and lacked any sour cream. It was a dark brown color, maybe leftover from last week.
Cucumber salad was fine.
Golabki lacked flavor, it was only hamburger wrapped in a cabbage leaf. Needed sauce, tasted dry, but it was big.
Overall, it was OK for Tucson, but I won't be going back.

1  Thank Patmillikin