“Nice Peruvian food in Tucson”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stumbled upon Don Pedro's while riding the Urban Loop bicycle route in Tucson. Very good food and reasonable lunch specials. Service was friendly and efficient. The ceviche was tasty and spicy, not unlike what you would get in Lima. We'll be going back.

3  Thank Steve W

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Tried this restaurant on the advice of a friend. We ordered 5 of the appetizers to start (for the 3 of us) and all were very good though they were quite small servings for the price. My wife and I then ordered their chicken fried rice to split, and after seeing the small size appetizers, were expecting a small order, leaving plenty of room to try something else, but they brought out a large platter of fried rice which was very good. Together, we could not finish it, so we took a nice size serving home for later. Slightly larger appetizer servings would have moved this restaurant into the 5 star category. I can recommend this place.

2  Thank Lyle M
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spend a week in Tucson every year and end up eating ourselves into a coma with all the wonderful Mexican food that can be found. This restaurant was recommended as a place to meet friends, so we thought we'd give it a try - and we're very glad we did. I'm not sure either of us knew what to expect from a Peruvian menu, but we each tried something different from the lunch menu, swapped bites here and there, and were very pleasantly surprised.

It was certainly tasty, but I think my biggest impression of our meals was how fresh they looked and tasted.

The price is reasonable, and the staff was very good. It doesn't look like much (in a strip mall), but don't let that dissuade you - give it a try!

3  Thank DickandJane
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised. Everything was spot on. Great cerveza Cuzqueña. I had Sudado de Pescado which was superb. Wife had Saltado de Verdura con Pollo and she was very pleased. She's a picky Weight Watcher. Service was great and food arrived quickly. No complaints and that's not like us. Highly recommend Don Pedro's.

3  Thank Califorican
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

clean and friendly staff. I had ceviche not very good. My wife had lamb. The lamb was like the lamb they use in gyros in a Greek restaurant and only five strips. 10 dollars for lunch special not worth it.

Been to don pedro's peruvian bistro? Share your experiences!