“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #38 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tempe, Arizona
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was a last minute trip and found the hotel off one of the travel sites. I have not stayed here before. We arrived a little early but the nice front desk staff was able to accommodate us right away. We checked out the room (cleanliness, bed for bugs and location all were exceptional), dropped our bags and went into town for our planned activities. We were there for two nights and both were good. We had a courtyard room which was great; no street noise We also enjoyed the pool area. The view is nice over what I think was a golf course below.

The only problem we experienced was the breakfast that was included with the room. There was not an attendant in the dinning area and tables were dirty (not wiped down) and food levels were low or out. We got there just before 9am and was told food served until 9:30am so we were surprised.

Room Tip: Courtyard area is the place to be
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TSFfromNM
Stacy B, Front Office Manager at La Posada Lodge and Casitas, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear TSFfromNM,

Thank you for the feedback. I will address the breakfast issue you mentioned. I am happy to hear that your overall experience was lovely. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Hermosillo, Mexico
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The check in was quick, and the lobby was ok(desert decoration,sofas etc.).
Our room was the 220, first floor, last room. The rooms are fine,it had everything we needed,plus a terrace(the view was to golf camp and to the maintenance hall of the hotel,but the central rooms have pool views). The ac was very old,and it was working fine, but it wasn't cooling well.
The breakfast was average: eggs, potatoes, pastries, fruit, yogurth, granola, cereal, coffee, tea, juice, milk.
*My friends loved the salsa.

PROS:
The beds. I think ours was new matresses,they were perfect.
The view from the breakfast terrace. It was an upper terrace, with pool views.
The pool. Was a larger and prettier than normal hotel pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacy B, Front Office Manager at La Posada Lodge and Casitas, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for staying at our property. We will address the A/C and appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The staff was friendly, but made dumb excuses when our keys terminated early and had to be fixed. The buffet is marginal quality and we ended up going to Denney's which is conveniently located to the south on Hwy 77 as is McDonald's, Red Lobster, and U-Like Oriental Buffet. We looked at the restaurant menu and decided to pass because of the pricing.

Things to know: Room has fridge and microwave with coffee maker. Bathroom has zero counterspace. Granted it is done in tile, but the shower tile grout is stained and needs either a deep clean or updating. For those with small children, there is no bathtub. Only shower.

The pool area is nice, but is not kept stocked with towels.

They were in the process of a mattress change when we arrived. I'm pretty sure that ours was a new mattress. Like a rock with a pillow on top. No kidding.

The professional photo of this hotel makes it appear much larger. It really is smaller and more cozy than it appears. If I came back, it would be in the winter when we could enjoy the grounds.

Dear AZBeachl0ver,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you this winter.
Deming, New Mexico
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel is very nice but the staff really impressed me. The hotel check in clerk was great, very helpful. The breakfast hostess was great as well and the food was very good, especially the salsa which tasted very homemade! Our room was clean and neat, had everything we needed and the beds were comfortable! My sister stayed in a Casita which was beautiful. The landscaping was beautiful, flowers and trees everywhere. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacy B, Front Office Manager at La Posada Lodge and Casitas, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are thrilled you had such a lovely experience and look forward to a return visit.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Got here through Hotwire - not my kind of place
Front Desk people are nice!
Breakfast was basic - they raised my expectations when I checked in!
Rated as 3 stars on Hotwire - 2 stars at best
No sign of Wi-Fi

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations but hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you. Please reach out to me personally at 520-887-4800. Hope to speak with you soon.
San Carlos, Mexico
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay at La Posada frequently and usually I am very pleased with everything particlularly the front desk gal named Beatrice. She goes the extra mile to help you the others are in the dark when it comes to customer service. The rooms needs renovation big time, but I can overlook that for the price and location. I love the casitas but they are in bad shape, except for the beds they are wonderful. As for the restaurant it has super food, the Caesar salad is awesome with grilled sardine and spicy dressing. The bar manager went a bit overboard about my service dog. i could not eat anywhere on the patio, even thought there was not a soul outside as it was in the high 90's. So I ended up going out to a restaurant that has no problem with service dogs on patios.
I will go back but not to the restaurant.

Room Tip: I am afraid if I give a room tip I will not get my favorite room- sorry.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 818Buffy
Stacy B, Front Office Manager at La Posada Lodge and Casitas, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I will share the nice comments about Beatrice with her and will work more with the Front Desk staff to ensure everyone is on point with the same level of customer service that you received with Beatrice. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Have a great weekend.
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We are staying at the La Posada and love it. It is an oasis tucked in the city of Tucson! It has charm the minute you pull in to the entrance area. Neatly manicured in a tropical paradise like setting. The beds are very comfortable. The Gringo Restaurant has excellent food. We love the relaxed vibe here. Beautiful setting without the huge price tag!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice, but also, check out the casitas for the longer stays! Very nice!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stacy B, Front Office Manager at La Posada Lodge and Casitas, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for staying at our oasis. We look forward to seeing you again soon.