“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #43 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
San Diego, California
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We usually stay another hotel but it was full. I booked this based on the favorable reviews and can say that we were very happy with our stay!!! The room and bathroom were spotless! The beds and pillows were very comfortable! The towels were big enough and were good quality and so was the bedding. Loved the complimentary breakfast buffet!

• Liked — comfortable beds, stylish rooms
  • Disliked — the dining room kind of smelled
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank laurel29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at La Posada for a few nights in August, as we were moving her to Tucson and the University Of Arizona. The place is lovely! I loved the decor, vary tasteful. Rooms are nice - ours was on the third floor, as requested, so that we had a nice view of the mountains and the golf course nearby - very nice scenery. The beds were fantastically comfy, nice quality sheets, too. Bathroom was beautiful. Breakfast was very nice - quite a good array of foods, always something hot like eggs, sausages, or pancakes then plenty of variety for the cold offerings, toast, muffins, bagels, etc. The pool is wonderful, quite spacious, and also open 24 hours. I loved this place and would return in a heartbeat.

• Liked — decor, comfort, style, reasonable cost
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank rapotap
San Diego CA
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We ended up at La Posada in an emergency situation. I originally booked the room through Hotels.com, but when I got there to check in, there was no record of my reservation. In my state of mind at that moment, I nearly had a nervous breakdown.

But it wasn't necessary as the amazing and wonderful Jose, the evening desk clerk, was more than accommodating. He gave me a room, matched the price they gave me, and calmed my traumatized nerves. He even spoke with the phone rep at Hotels.com and convinced them to refund my prepaid registration, since he had no record of it, and was dealing with me directly.

The hotel itself was wonderful, too. Really cute and totally designed for its location, the room was clean and had super comfortable beds. The bathroom has this great, brightly-colored Mexican tile everywhere and it just made the whole thing very relaxing. We had a great view from the balcony, and the pool was clean and well-maintained. Plenty of towels (in the room and at the pool) and lots of cleaning personnel everywhere you looked. I loved that they used Neutrogena products in the bathrooms, they're so much better than the perfumey crap you usually get. The free internet was nice too.

The breakfast was more than what I expected and the eggs were really tasty. Everything was plentiful and refilled frequently. I saw tables get cleared off seconds after people exited.

Our emergency brought my parents through Tucson a few days later, and I referred them to the hotel. I called ahead to reserve a room for them and the fantastic Jose was totally accommodating again in positioning their room for optimum convenience (they were pulling a large trailer).

The hotel was conveniently located to lots of shopping and restaurants. We didn't have to go far to find anything we wanted.

I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel, it's staff, or it's location. I would absolutely recommend you stay here and I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I was in Tucson again.

• Liked — the excellent front desk service, and the really comfortable room
  • Disliked — the internet was a little bit slow for me, but not so slow that I couldn't use it
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank RetroMomm
NM
Reviewed June 15, 2008

We were driving through and need a place to stay on our way to Mexico and with the reviews here I chose La Posada.
The room was clean and the beds were nice.

We were towing a boat and my husband didn't feel safe leaving out in the parking lot over night (signs posted all over property that the hotel wasn't responsible for loss.
There was also a guest who was outside his room listening to music & drinking outside in the parking lot, I guess the hotel approves of this kind of loitering?
I think it added a bad light to the property, he looked like the local drug dealer waiting to do business.
My husband decided to sleep on the boat.
Good thing for another guest there because around 3 am he was awakened by someone trying to break in another car 5 cars down.
If you don't feel safe leaving your vehicle in a parking lot the nice beds and sheet don't mean much.

I think La Posado would have money well spent if they invested in security.

We won't stay there again.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank leesak
sf
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We stayed 6 nights at the La Posada, in Tucson. We stayed 3 nights there first and then somewhere else for 3 nights, we had nothing for the next 3 nites and enjoyed la posada so much we returned. Their restaurant, Miquels was so good we ate there every night. They have a happy hour at 11 am til 7pm mond. thru friday with 1/2 off drinks.

enjoy this fantastic restaurant and hotel.
Denise Garrintano
San Francisco, CA

1 Thank deed54
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed February 29, 2008

We checked in for one of the casitas on wednesday afternoon. The frontdesk and check-in went very well. We were pleased with the appearance of the room which was old but clean and decorated with the motif that would be appropriate for the propertty. We did sit at the pool for awhile before going to dinner. When we left for dinner at about six o'clock the sole elevator was not working so my wife had to climb the one flight of stairs to ground level. Since she is disabled and walks with a cane that was a hardship. I reported the problem to the front desk and they said it would be taken care of. When we 0returned from dinner the elevator was working. When we left for dinner the next evening we experienced the same problem. The only elevator not working, nor was it working when we returned from dinner. We called the desk and reported it.The next morning as we went to breakfast , again, the elevator was not in service. There were two other things that turned me off as to the maintenance at the inn. As I said, when we arrived on wednesday we visited the pool. Some of the guests had left used towels on the chaises at the pool or on a table that appeared to be meant for this purpose. Those same towels that had been discarded were still there when we departed on friday morning. Also at the time we departed friday the supply of clean towels was entirely depleted.--Lack of attention?? While there was a nice selection of food at breakfast we found the hostesses mostly talking with each other and barely if at all acknowledging a guests presence. Breakfast is served at 7:00 am. When I stopped by the desk at 6:48 to see if coffee was available it was suggested I walk next doorr to the Hampton Inn, that there would be none at Posada until the breakfast area opened.

Overall the inn has good potential and has beautiful grounds but seems to be lacking in the attention that is necessarry to make a pleasant stay. Would I return??? NO

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank curiouswanderer64
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed February 3, 2008

We stayed here at the beginning and end of a 2 week group tour. The hotel is very nicely appointed, with decor appropriate for the area. Our first room was on the lowest level, opening on to the grounds near the pool. It was very spacious. Our 2nd room was on the top level and was much smaller. Given a choice, we'd have preferred the other level. The location is quite far from the main area of Tucson so we were unable to walk anywhere (something we enjoy). If you are traveling on your own and have a car, it would be fine. The airport transportation was very good. We ate 1 lunch and 1 dinner at Miguel's and thought the food and service were both good. If we return to Tucson, we'd probably use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2008