“Going down hill”

La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana
Ranked #50 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times before while passing through on my cross-country trip. The first time I stayed here it was very nice, clean and accommodating. My next trip there were issues but they were taken care of. This 3rd trip was a little surprising when I found out that I had asked for a low floor and instead got put on the 3rd floor. When I questioned it I was told there was nothing available although when I walked my dogs I looked around and the parking lot is almost completely empty. My room was booked a month in advance.
I asked two ladies cleaning the "breakfast nook" what time it opened and they didn't know and they "guessed" it was 6am.
There was such a smell of "scent" in the hallway that it was over-whelming.
The TV channel listing does not match the TV.

Room Tip: Walking distance to Cracker Barrel and there's a Starbucks across the street (not walking distan...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Meaveg,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback, we sincerely appreciate it. It saddens me to hear we did not meet your expectations. We work very hard each day to ensure 100% guest satisfaction and are disappointed when we hear otherwise. We do try our best to accommodate each of our guest’s requests however due to unexpected stay overs we cannot accommodate every request, however it is our goal and I apologize for not being able to accommodate your request for a 1st floor room. All La Quinta Inn’s & Suites serve breakfast Monday thru Friday from 6am to 9am and Saturday & Sunday 7am to 10am.

Again, Thank you for your feedback it will help us improve our services and make sure we meet our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed November 8, 2012

They have a friendly staff and the location is mostly quiet though I did hear a train a few times. wifi connection problems while I was there. There are plenty of dining options very close. Be careful to not park below the large trees.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear La Quinta Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback! Its always great hearing about our guests positive experience. We are pleased that you decided to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again.

Here for You,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for four nights on business.

Coffee supplies not refreshed or cleaned.

One staff memeber said they could arrange laundry, when i took laundry to front desk was told in no uncertain terms that they did not do this service and it was not her job.......

Ohhh and the location to the main freight rail line keeps you awake all night with persistent train horns blowing

Room Tip: Stay at least 3 - 4 miles away from I10 as the train line runs right beside it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest (Plane wreck),

Thank you very much for your feedback I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. It disappoints me when we do not meet our guest’s expectation as that is our priority. I am sorry about the confusion with the hotel offering laundry services. Regrettably our hotel does not offer laundry services or dry cleaning services however we do give our guests alternative options and I am sorry those options were not explained properly to you. We have a coin operated washer and dryer available 24 hours a day for guest usage on our first floor; we sell laundry detergent, bleach and softener at the front desk. Additionally, we have a selected a few dry cleaning companies that offer our guests a discounted rate for laundry and dry cleaning services though the items need to be dropped off at the cleaners.

I am sincere in my apology to you and hope that you will give us another chance when you’re in the Tucson Marana area again. It is our goal to make sure you are 100% satisfied. I can be reached at the hotel Monday thru Friday 7am to 4pm hotel local time to further discuss.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had the two queen bed suite during an annual one night stay. This is supposed to be one of the best rooms in the hotel. It was filthy. The top of the refrigerator had dust balls on it (this is not a standard size fridge, but only about 5 ft high (most cleaning people should be able to see the top).

The room was quiet. The TVs did work, as did the fridge and micro. The love seat was from 1902. We could not sit on it together because we would fall toward the middle. It was torn tattered and dirty.

Breakfast was the usual mass produced omelets, and bacon like stuff, with the make it yourself waffles, and cereal.

The help was friendly.

Don't know about the near by amenities, we didn't go out.

I think we're going to look for another place to spend our stopover in Tucson on future trips.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Michael T,

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is my goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. I am truly disappointed that we were unable to exceed your expectations. We work very hard to make sure that each and everyone of our guests walk out of our hotel feeling pleased. I do hope that you would contact me directly at the hotel so that I can personally set up reservations with you and discuss how I can get you to give us another chance to show you that our guests are our number 1 priority. Again, I apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana and I hope you will give us another shot.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldcouple55
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We just needed a nice, clean place to spend the night and were so glad to have found this place! Emilio at the front desk made us feel right at home! The room was clean and comfortable. Emilio recommended Nana's kitchen for dinner--delicious family owned restaurant!
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mstarzana
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest from Tarzana, CA,

Thank you very much for your feedback, at our hotel we certainly value our guests feedback. Your feedback is like our report card, you help us improve our product and services. Emilio
is exceptional at making each and every guest feel welcomed to our hotel and we are glad you enjoyed his dining recomendation. We hope you will visit us again soon. Give Emilio or myself a call when setting up your next reservations.

A La Quinta traveler
El Paso, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 17, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
0 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tucson City Center, AZ
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall
2 mi away
Best Western Gold Poppy Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana? Share your experiences!