“A Thanksgiving Vacation to remember!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana
Ranked #64 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Arizona
“A Thanksgiving Vacation to remember!”
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We just spent 4 days/nights in Tucson and found the hotel to be of exceptional value! The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable.

We had 3 rooms for 7 adults and 2 children. A suite with a full kitchen, a deluxe king room and a room with 2 queen beds. Each of the rooms came with a loveseat sized pull-out sofa, that would easily accomodate 1 adult or 2 small children. We actually had beds to spare.

Although there was a small mixup in my reservation the manager was quick to help me resolve it satisfactorily. In fact every member of the staff that we encountered was friendly and very helpful.

We spent quite a bit of each day away from the hotel and always came back to freshly cleaned and restocked rooms. There was some renovations going on while we were there but it was never a hindrance.

The continental breakfast was a real treat after the ones we have had at other hotels. Although my family did say that I should give the cook my recipe for waffles.

As others have mentioned the freeway construction through downtown Tucson can be a bit of a bother for some, we really did not feel we were inconvenienced at all. Especially since it did not affect getting to the hotel. The hotels location is extremely convenient to dozens of stores and restaurants.

Last but not least, I have only 2 suggestions for the hotel. Replace the spare blankets that are handed out at the desk. They are very rough and I ended up buying a spare blanket for one of my sons. And you might think about adding a full sized coffee maker to the suites with kitchens. Maybe that's just us, as we are huge coffee drinkers.

Thanks for a great place! We are already thinking of coming back next year.

Cheryl

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Namma99
Vegas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, December 20, 2007
Cheryl,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words. I am happy we were able to be a part of making your family thanksgiving and enjoyable one.

I do apologize for the mix-up with your reservation, but am happy I was able to correct things to your satisfaction.

I will share with my staff your kind words as i will definetly make them each feel they did a great part in making your stay and enjoyable one.

Per your suggestions, I have ordered full size coffee makers for the suites - that was an excellent idea that no one in the past has ever approached us about. As for the blankets, I do know that La Quinta is going through a change in linens, which may include a newer more comfy blanket we can hand out at our desk.

Again, thank you for the kind words, and i wish you and your family a joyous and happy holiday seaason.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We stayed here for three nights in August. The hotel is located right off the highway around other hotels, restaurants, and stores, which was very convenient for us. It was clean and the hotel staff was very accomodating. When I asked for more towels I got them.

While we were there they were renovating the pool (moving it from inside to outside). Since their pool was closed we were told that we could use the pool at their sister property next door (Best Western). All three nights we went over to the Best Western and used their pool. We were surprised, but also happy, that there was no one else using that pool since it was at least 106 degrees outside every day we were there. The water was very warm and it was really nice that just the three of us were in the water. My husband said it was like we had our own built in pool! When we checked out I was telling the desk clerk how it was hard to believe that no one was using the pool and she said a lot of the guests were upset that they had to go next door, as it was inconvenient. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The inconvenience was to get towels from the desk clerk, walk the a 30 seconds it took to go from one hotel to the other and then get a card from the Best Western to access the pool. This didn't even take 5 minutes! I really don't see what was so inconvenient about this. It was no more inconvenient than visiting a hotel pool and having to go inside because there aren't anymore towels left. Anyway it was the other people's loss and our gain. My son had a blast in that pool.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank leftygirl
Vegas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, November 26, 2007
On behalf of my staff, I am writing to say thank you and how delighted we all were to receive your kind words.

Given the nature of our business, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff and property, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. As you pointed out, many are not happy with our temporary alternatives during our times of renovation. And I would like to thank you for pointing out the positives as we quickly work to complete our renovations.

Our new breakfast room and fitness room are now open and we look forward to our new lobby/business center and pool opening in the next two weeks.

We hope in your future visits to the area, you will have the opportunity to stay with us again, so we can share with you all of our new additions.

Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed April 21, 2007

We were in Tucson for a family event, and spent a quick night at La Quinta (4/21/07). When we checked in, we were asked to verify that we would not smoke in our room. Great.....I said...as I am allergic to smoke. Before we made it to the elevator, the desk clerk had moved us from the 3rd floor to the second, which was an entirely non smoking floor (rather than just a non smoking room). I thought the days of an employee taking such initiative were long gone! Not only was the staff very nice, but the room was large, clean and came with everything you could need. Price was great, too. We will stay here again the next time we travel to Tucson!

• Liked — Spacious & Clean...with microwave & frige in room
  • Disliked — No comment....
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BanannaScottsdale
Vegas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, April 27, 2007
On behalf of my hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed March 12, 2007

We were taking a trip to Tucson to see a spring training game and some sights around the area. Even though we were staying there mid-week, almost all the hotels were greatly overpriced due to the season. This La Quinta, however, had a rate that was at least $20 less per night than similar hotels. Its location was about 20 minutes north of downtown Tucson, but it was right off the highway and had easy access to just about everywhere we wanted to go, including the west section of Saguaro National Park. The area around the hotel seems to be rapidly developing. We were able to pick up some groceries at the Wal Mart across the street and take advantage of our room's mini-fridge. The only issue we had with the area was that the hotel was a little difficult to find, especially at night. Its off on a side road, which is marked, but then you have to make another turn into an access road that is not marked or lit and can be easily missed.

The room was clean and comfortable. We had a microwave and refrigerator, free internet access, and a full lineup of cable channels. The hotel was quiet and we had no noise issues either from other guests or from outside. The continental breakfast offered a decent selection of standard breakfast foods.

Overall, considering the amenities offered, this hotel was an excellent value.

• Liked — Location, amenities
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KJUW
Vegas_Hotel_Manager, Managing Partner at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, March 18, 2007
Thank you for your pleasant comments. It is great to hear that you were pleased with your stay with us. I will pass you kind words on to my staff, as words such as these are greatly appreciated and go great distances in making the staff feel they have done a great job.

Again, thank you and I hope we will see you back again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2006

We just completed a stay at this LaQuinta. According to their website, this hotel was opened up this year and it still looks brand new. Our room had two queen beds, a twin rollaway couch, a refrigerator and a microwave, (in addition to all the other usual ammenities, including wireless internet). The room was large and very comfortable for our family of four. I've found LQ's best prices for hotel rooms can be booked through LQ.com (unless of course you happen to get it via priceline or hotwire). Through 2006, if you're a LQ Returns customer, you get 8000 bonus points for every two nights stayed. That's enough for a free night at a later date, so be sure to sign up for their Returns program. This facility has an small indoor pool, a work out room, and the usual breakfast. One thing I think is missing is a microwave in the breakfast area. They serve the usual danishes and pastries, but they are all cold and no microwave to warm them in. We took ours back to our room, but it would have been more convenient if they would have had one in the breakfast area. That's really the only thing I would change about this hotel. The hotel is surrounded by several restaurants including Cracker Barrell and Texas Roadhouse. There's a Super Walmart less than a mile away, too. I also noticed a golf course very close. The Tuscan Mall is about 5 miles away, and it's a great mall. Here's one off topic tourist suggestion: If you have a morning or afternoon free, drive the Catalina Highway to Mt. Lemmon, it's a beautiful drive! It's only 30 miles each way, and well worth the time. You'll probably want to stop many times to check out the beautiful scenery!

• Liked — Nice clean hotel, for a decent rate.
  • Disliked — No microwave in the breakfast area.
  • Tips/Secrets — Take a half day and drive to Mt. Lemmon while you're in Tucson. It's beautiful!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelFan
Vegas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, December 12, 2006
I would like to thank you for your review of our property. Rarely does my staff hear the positives of what we are doing and such a review helps us to know that we are doing our best to provide for our guests.

I am sorry we do not have a microwave in our breakfast area. Our reason is the safety and security to all guests. Microwaves have a tendancy to cause harm to guests that have pacemakers. This is our primary reason for not installing one in the breakfast area. But I do hope that the microwave in the room did compensate for this as it is set for individuals usage, preventing any harm to guests who cannot be around them.

Again, thank you and I hope we will see you again in the future -

Shane DeVilbiss
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We stayed at the La Quinta in NW Tucson for one night and found it to be a great value and convenient location for us. We were visiting some relatives who live in Oro Valley, but mostly just looking for the best value on the north side of Tucson, as driving a bit isn't a problem.

The room was clean and quiet and the staff was helpful. The breakfast was great as well. A couple notes: our laptop didn't find any wireless internet service available, and the staff mentioned that they had been having intermittent problems with it. She provided a network cable to use instead, which worked fine and was a helpful alternative. Also, the hot tub was closed for repairs, so if that is an important amenity for you, it would be worth checking on the status before making your reservation.

We found the best rate and room options on the LaQuinta.com website, and would definitely recommend this hotel. The other hotels nearby also appeared to be of good quality, at least from the outside.

Stayed September 2006
3 Thank jomax
Vegas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, September 27, 2006
Thank you for your review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

I apologize our spa was inoperable during your stay, but as you may notice, we have discontinued offering it in any of our advertising to prevent upsetting any guest who may have hopes of such an amenity.

I will let my staff know of your comments. As I am sure you are aware, a pat on the back goes along way.

Shane
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 15, 2006

On the plus side: very convenient to I-10; room was large; nice desk/work area in room; free wireless internet worked well; continental b'fst had some extras, i.e. hard boiled eggs ---- on the minus side: still being renovated, so spa not working, hallway carpet not great, paint smell; cleanliness ok, not outstanding ---- all in all, quite acceptable at the price we paid; no major complaints, but nothing to make you choose it over others again except price.

• Liked — Good value
  • Disliked — In process of renovation
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rsolin
Vegas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, September 8, 2006
To begin, thank you very much would like to thank you for posting your experience at our property. It is comments such as yours that helps us know and feel that we are working in the right direction to provide for our guests.

In response to your comments, I am happy to say that since your stay, all of our carpets have been replaced. I am sorry the spa was not operational during your stay, but as you may find, we do not advertise this in any of our marketing materials, as we do not wish our guests to expect something that we do not have. I expect that our new pool and spa will be ready by the first of the year, but until that time, our indoor pool will still continue to operate.

Please know that the information, which you provided, will assist me in continuing to better work with my staff to improve in areas we may have fallen a little short and commend those who did a job well done.

If I can ever be of service to you in the future, or if you have any additional comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Again, thank you and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Shane DeVilbiss

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Days Inn & Suites Tucson/Marana
Holiday Inn Express Marana
BEST WESTERN Gold Poppy Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#76 of 128 in Tucson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills
Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana? Share your experiences!