When I saw some of the more recent reviews, I had to make sure I was on the right hotel. This place was amazing, especially for the price.
We flew into Phoenix and drove to Tucson immediately after our flight. We were understandably tired, and the woman at the front desk (I wish I could remember her name) made sure that we got into our room as quickly as possible. She also made sure we had cold waters, and offered us cookies. Sometimes it is hard to describe how helpful and welcoming an employee is when writing a review, and this is one of those times. Every time we had questions, the staff went above-and-beyond to help us. They printed out directions when we decided to check out an attraction we were not planning on visiting. I also witnessed an employee who was faced with a visitor who was getting a little upset with the way a third-party site organized a reservation. The staff person defused the situation to the point that the guest was extremely happy, and they were all laughing by the end of the discussion.
On the first day we stayed there, the pool had some debris in it, but it was a windy day, and it was just stuff that had blown off the surrounding plants. The atmosphere, however, in the pool was great.
The room was everything you could ask for from a reasonably priced hotel. I am 6'4", so I always have a particular interest in bathroom size, and that is another area where our first-floor room excelled. This may not be a big deal for some people, but tall people need big bathrooms. The air conditioning, important in Tucson, also was very consistent.
I have seen people complain about the breakfast on this site, which I think is crazy (personally). The selection was amazing with fresh-made omelets, and ham or sausage (depending on the day). There was a waffle-maker, fresh fruit, five-types of cereal, and various drinks. I was particularly impressed that Cinnamon Toast Crunch was included as one of the cereals. CTC is expensive compared to most cereals, and the generic never tastes the same as the name brand. This may be a very small thing overall, but it shows that the people in charge care about the guests. My wife also appreciated the cucumber water that was always available in the lobby.
The lobby contained a lot of information about attractions in the area, and had ideas that we weren't able to find while planning the trip. The hotel has a small library of books you can borrow for your stay, and there were people who were sitting and talking with other guests in the lobby, because it had such a feel of home.
The location is also a positive. You are not in the middle of the city, so you avoid issues with parking and noise, but you have easy access to a grocery store; both of the major highways that run through the city; some quick places to get food; the San Xavier Mission (one of our favorite sites in the country); and the Tucson Airport. There was a shuttle available, but we didn't use it.
I am not criticizing the negative comments, because I did not have the same experience, but I do find it hard to believe that a place this helpful was ever as bad as those reports.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our convenient hotel near Tucson International Airport with its prime location near numerous local attractions, this is the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers alike. We are ideally situated near the University of Arizona just a short drive from downtown Tucson. Rates include a full hot breakfast buffet, free TUS Airport shuttle service, complimentary high-speed wireless internet access, an outdoor pool and spa,a business and fitness center, a Read It and Return library, and freshly baked cookies and coffee all day long. Our convenient location combined with our warm hospitality and inviting atmosphere make us the perfect place to stay in Tucson. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Country Inn